Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

mine are not counterfeit koni- I had them checked out right from the factory.
what's that even supposed to mean? You went to the koni factory in the netherlands and they told you they were legit? :confused:

I sent a full set of koni's and three were good, one was damaged. They are sitting in a box. I have another set on the car. So I know all about koni inserts. They are good shocks but do wear out at least the gas leaks out just like the old sears gas shock did also. I never seen a gas shock not leak after a while the oil side still works, but not the same as a fresh gas / oil shock. A lot of gas shocks have a way to refill the missing gas nitrogen but I have not found anyway to cheaply refill my vfr 800 gas shock? Any place that I can get a cheap refilling of the gas? the bike shop went out of business that use to refill the gas in the shock on the vfr 800.

I sent a full set of koni's and three were good, one was damaged. They are sitting in a box. I have another set on the car. So I know all about koni inserts. They are good shocks but do wear out at least the gas leaks out just like the old sears gas shock did also. I never seen a gas shock not leak after a while the oil side still works, but not the same as a fresh gas / oil shock. A lot of gas shocks have a way to refill the missing gas nitrogen but I have not found anyway to cheaply refill my vfr 800 gas shock? Any place that I can get a cheap refilling of the gas? the bike shop went out of business that use to refill the gas in the shock on the vfr 800.
I believe koni has a shop in the usa that works on them. I haven't been messing with koni inserts in years. I think just the oil filled ones work good enough.

Last edited:
Sup bros. Did a full brake job on my crv, plugged a hole in one of the tires and gave it to my nieces (twins) I haven’t really posted about the crv but it has been my dd for like the last couple years and has been nothing but great. But my nieces needed a car to get to school and back so whatever. U know how it is guys. Cars come in go but it’s been great to me and I hope the same for my nieces. F2AA17E6-5870-432F-9429-5212124CEC91.jpegDBD4195A-65CE-48C8-ADF3-4CE2C0E507BE.jpegD14EC31C-18C6-47AB-8511-EDF16FA928D8.jpeg0CBCE18C-3E74-4C2C-9187-2E11B2B83034.jpeg82AE4D87-A133-4E69-94CB-39D82E698422.jpeg
Time to get a new daily!!!! For now the si is my daily.:vtec:

Attachments

• 81EC8F29-01E8-41CD-9A2A-4A3EEB27F4E3.jpeg
    81EC8F29-01E8-41CD-9A2A-4A3EEB27F4E3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Update on the Koni project:

After I cut the struts open, I pulled the shocks out of the box and realized that the rubber boots to cap off/protect the top of the strut were not in the box. I sent Chris at RedShiftMotorsports an email and he is sending me a pair...for something I purchased four years ago!

Yeah, yeah, I know I should have opened the boxes and looked to make sure everything was there before I even started. Fortunately, thanks to @FooBird I am doing this with a spare set and am not without a car for over a week.

Update on the Koni project:

After I cut the struts open, I pulled the shocks out of the box and realized that the rubber boots to cap off/protect the top of the strut were not in the box. I sent Chris at RedShiftMotorsports an email and he is sending me a pair...for something I purchased four years ago!

Yeah, yeah, I know I should have opened the boxes and looked to make sure everything was there before I even started. Fortunately, thanks to @FooBird I am doing this with a spare set and am not without a car for over a week.

Sup bros. Did a full brake job on my crv, plugged a hole in one of the tires and gave it to my nieces (twins) I haven’t really posted about the crv but it has been my dd for like the last couple years and has been nothing but great. But my nieces needed a car to get to school and back so whatever. U know how it is guys. Cars come in go but it’s been great to me and I hope the same for my nieces. View attachment 59519View attachment 59520View attachment 59521View attachment 59522View attachment 59523

I've been very happy with Honda's HFP struts/springs. At under $700 they're fairly cheap too, but provide only a modest 1" drop, max. Looks best with the 18" rims.
The original OEM (Si) struts weren't bad either, definitely a step up from other trim levels. But how long will they last just sitting in the garage.... won't the rubber seals deteriorate at some point?

Sup bros. Did a full brake job on my crv, plugged a hole in one of the tires and gave it to my nieces (twins) I haven’t really posted about the crv but it has been my dd for like the last couple years and has been nothing but great. But my nieces needed a car to get to school and back so whatever. U know how it is guys. Cars come in go but it’s been great to me and I hope the same for my nieces. View attachment 59519View attachment 59520View attachment 59521View attachment 59522View attachment 59523

Well.... si is loud E85 isn’t as available here. It’s a bit of rough ride. It is fun breaking tires when v Tec hits in first though.

I want to get something awd and can carry some stufff. Doesn’t have to be new though.

Awd wrx>awd crv

Crv is really fwd and will engage the rear when it senses slip. If you look at tests on YouTube, you’ll see it’s honestly not the best for “awd”.

Back