Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

• Michelin 3+ AS tires on and torqued lug nuts, New optium Yellow top with dielectric grease on battery post, New Michelin Hybrd wipers on ,but going to be replaced by the aero version and Pennzoil 05-20 oil change with platinum Napa filter. Everything is installed perfect and even drain plug was torqued. Now start the tuning:popcorn: I drive Honda si today make sure that battery is fully charged up which it is anyway. Ready for the million mile drive:hatsoff:

I popped my hood to check the oil and it looked like something nested I’m my car when it was parked outside. There was pee in the crevices of my intake manifold. Spent some much need time on the bay and washed the car good. Took the si out of semi retirement for the rest of the weekend cause A/C is just awesome in 90 weather. View attachment 59723View attachment 59724
Can water get in that intake? looks like you don't really drive it very much. Need to set some monk traps.

I cover up the sensors and injectors really well. If U don’t have vacuum leaks I wouldn’t worry about it. I usually only spray the block with engine degreaser and very very light water spritz to rinse it off. Then I spray degreaser and do the rest by hand.

The key is to stay on top of it so u don’t have to do deep scrubbing and have a greater chance of breaking stuff

Got my FlashPro in the mail yesterday! Thanks again @homegrown for the deal. After 2 hours of intense panic while my car would not start I finally got a basemap uploaded. Long story short, turns out I need a new battery I guess.

Just do the ref lash.

The problem was that the flash wasn't completing. I wasn't able to flash anything at all. It seems that it didn't like flashing without the laptop. I uploaded the map from my desktop and then took it out to my car which is out in the parking garage. I held down the program button and the reflash took off. It displayed the expected checks on the iMid, but it never got to the point where the tach starts to move. I noticed that the program light would illuminate for maybe 10 seconds and then flash like 5 times and then turn off. At that point I was still left with all of the dash lit up like Christmas, but the car wouldn't start. At this point of course I'm starting to freak out. I go back inside and load the stock map to the FlashPro. When I plug it in I get an error that tells me that the prior flash failed (which I'd figured as my car wouldn't start :eek:). I upload the stock map and head back outside to the car. Same thing as before. Won't start. I did this 4 times. Finally I decided that I wanted to see if the FlashPro was throwing any errors because at this point I'm almost positive that I haven't successfully uploaded anything. I pull out my laptop that never gets used and of course it's dead so now I've gotta find the power inverter so I can actually use the laptop in the car. After another 20 mins or so of gathering various laptops and chargers and such I headed back out to the car and plugged it all in. The first message I get after plugging the FlashPro into the laptop and OBDII is an error about Low battery voltage (it said it was about 10v). I hold my breath and fire off the stock map once again. But this time it actually makes it past the first couple displayed errors (the expected ones on the iMid) and then the tach starts moving!!

The flash finished and then I uploaded the Hondata reflash which was successful as well. :bananasplit:

This goes in the books as the first mod I've done on my FG4! I'll be taking some pictures and getting those uploaded as well as starting a build thread this weekend!

687474703a2f2f6261636b7761726473616e64737475706964646f74636f6d2e66696c65732e776f726470726573732e636f6d2f323031322f30372f67726561742d737563636573732e706e67

Wait till u start etuning when and if u do. Ur gonna be a wiz with that thing. Download the app and u can see all ur sensors parameters live action and all sorts of stuff as u drive. It’s a cool little device.

smoky as hell down here huh

Hopefully! Here's to hoping that I don't encounter that again. I'm gonna roll by one of the parts stores and have them test the battery after work. I think I'm right over 3 years so I guess it's time.

Yup, grabbed that while I was dl'ing FlashPro Manager. Played around with it for like 5 mins after I finally got the car started. But at that point it was like 11pm and I get up for work at 5:30am so it was wayyyyy passed by bedtime. lol

I can't wait to play around with it some more this weekend.

Yeah man, fire season sucks!

Well, while you guys were flashing your ECUs, I was out getting real horsepower gains with my Domo Dice mod! Not only do these little weirdos block access to the Auxiliary port ( so the bros can't play trash) and 12v adapter spot ( So the bros have to charge their ghost phones at home), they also block the little storage cubby where I keep my spare change, so they help me save money!

All in all, best mod 10/10.
:pinkdomokundance:

IMG_20191025_134900.jpg

The problem was that the flash wasn't completing. I wasn't able to flash anything at all. It seems that it didn't like flashing without the laptop. I uploaded the map from my desktop and then took it out to my car which is out in the parking garage. I held down the program button and the reflash took off. It displayed the expected checks on the iMid, but it never got to the point where the tach starts to move. I noticed that the program light would illuminate for maybe 10 seconds and then flash like 5 times and then turn off. At that point I was still left with all of the dash lit up like Christmas, but the car wouldn't start. At this point of course I'm starting to freak out. I go back inside and load the stock map to the FlashPro. When I plug it in I get an error that tells me that the prior flash failed (which I'd figured as my car wouldn't start :eek:). I upload the stock map and head back outside to the car. Same thing as before. Won't start. I did this 4 times. Finally I decided that I wanted to see if the FlashPro was throwing any errors because at this point I'm almost positive that I haven't successfully uploaded anything. I pull out my laptop that never gets used and of course it's dead so now I've gotta find the power inverter so I can actually use the laptop in the car. After another 20 mins or so of gathering various laptops and chargers and such I headed back out to the car and plugged it all in. The first message I get after plugging the FlashPro into the laptop and OBDII is an error about Low battery voltage (it said it was about 10v). I hold my breath and fire off the stock map once again. But this time it actually makes it past the first couple displayed errors (the expected ones on the iMid) and then the tach starts moving!!
Maybe you should have got the optimum yellow top first theses Hondas seem to eat battery's:guitar:

The flash finished and then I uploaded the Hondata reflash which was successful as well. :bananasplit:

This goes in the books as the first mod I've done on my FG4! I'll be taking some pictures and getting those uploaded as well as starting a build thread this weekend!

687474703a2f2f6261636b7761726473616e64737475706964646f74636f6d2e66696c65732e776f726470726573732e636f6d2f323031322f30372f67726561742d737563636573732e706e67

:spazface:
Well, while you guys were flashing your ECUs, I was out getting real horsepower gains with my Domo Dice mod! Not only do these little weirdos block access to the Auxiliary port ( so the bros can't play trash) and 12v adapter spot ( So the bros have to charge their ghost phones at home), they also block the little storage cubby where I keep my spare change, so they help me save money!

All in all, best mod 10/10.
:pinkdomokundance:

View attachment 59734
I use that little cubby hole for a lot of things like a cigar holder with green stuff

I decided that rather than trade up to a new 2020 Civic Si, that it would be more financially responsible to hang onto my 2014 for another five years. To wit, I purchased a new set of winter tires. My old set was due for replacement after five winter seasons and 60,000 miles.
FWIW, the new tires are Cooper Discoverer True North in 205/55R16.
8bc2bf2fb3e0dba6ee54aec5daf30e4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those look like koing daylight wheels, strong and very light. I do not:flame: like the New Honda's.

I decided that rather than trade up to a new 2020 Civic Si, that it would be more financially responsible to hang onto my 2014 for another five years. To wit, I purchased a new set of winter tires. My old set was due for replacement after five winter seasons and 60,000 miles.
FWIW, the new tires are Cooper Discoverer True North in 205/55R16.
8bc2bf2fb3e0dba6ee54aec5daf30e4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve recently been playing with the thought of trading in the si for something else but when it comes down to it, it’ll be paid off by Jan and car payments just plain suck. The new civics just don’t appeal to me and anything else I like as far as sportier coupes are ridiculously over priced. Nice winter rims.

Back