Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

throttle body has been proven to not be a bottleneck. vitviper did a bunch of dyno tests with various throttle bodies and saw no gains over the stock. Stock flows well.

Ok cancel that idea, what about the fuel injectors do those flow well too. So far only the exhaust is on my list, I was wondering how well the stock air box works-is the car getting enough air in when replacing the exhaust to 3"?

Anybody knows how much air flow is coming at of the stock airbox in terms of how much HP it can support?

There is so many factors that no one can answer that. Are we talking a fully factory car or one with bolt ons, engine mods what gas, elevation, weather and so on?

I was thinking of doing a Hondata reflash tomorrow to get rid of the rev shifter lag, it also raises the rev limit to 7600 not that I would do that. I could also set the traction control higher from 2000 to 3,000 revs maybe leave that alone, I could just turn it off with the dash button. Oh it also takes off the speed limiter I believe turning a stock SI into a 168mph car- that I am not sure of. The honda speed limiter is set at 136mph. That's really pretty good so a simple reflash is actually a very good mod just by itself. Fix's shifter lag, raises rev limit to 7600rpm and takes off the speed limiter of 136mph and you can set traction control higher rpm-go from 2000 to at least 3000rpm-honda doesn't want you to go very fast with its shitty tune. With the reflash its a solid 150+mph sports coupe. My srt-4 however would smoke it easy but it has 109,000 and is just a beasty car:badger:.

Last edited:
traction control input is in flash pro manager-calibration, it looks like you can set it higher from stock of 2000revs when it starts cutting power while losing traction. Looks like I can control the traction with the tuner Hondata. I did notice it seems easy to drive with the traction control on and it would save some tire rubber and go actually faster with it on some times. You actually have best traction with the tires slipping 10% that's why setting it a little higher isn't a bad idea.

Last edited:
:shadyhat:Doesn't the honda si all ready have some sort of traction control all ready, I notice if its on or off, it does seem to help a bit ? At $600, I think I will pass on this one- more into how a shifter is working, exhaust, CAI and 24mm sway bar. Today is Hondata reflash day big moment in Honda's si like to get rid of carb shifter and speed limiter's. :lildevil: also installing Michelins full beam windshield wiper rated for 2 million wipes latest model -have not seen these any where but Walmart with a extra set if you write in and say they stink:pinkdomokundance: I am sending the old version back to amazon for a full refund :turbobananapoke: First pic shows the latest Michelin full beam wiper rated for 2 million wipes, has areo and upgraded mounting and a guarantee if you don't like them get a free one sent to you. much improved over there last model which is using a frame, not rated for wipes, not areo either. These upgraded Michelin wipers are only at Walmart as far as I can tell and have absolute highest tech of any wiper currently being made. They go for $40, the old version was $33 which I am sending back for a refund-nothing to good for amazon:bananapoke:

Attachments

• DSC00213.JPG
    DSC00213.JPG
    584.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00214.JPG
    DSC00214.JPG
    605.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It has a VSA with Traction control system. You can't control it just with the FlashPro there is more to it than just controlling the engine retard and throttle control. The price of the FlashPro and Traction control system from Hondata are cheap to have complete control over the VSA and Traction control system.

traction control input is in flash pro manager-calibration, it looks like you can set it higher from stock of 2000revs when it starts cutting power while losing traction. Looks like I can control the traction with the tuner Hondata. I did notice it seems easy to drive with the traction control on and it would save some tire rubber and go actually faster with it on some times. You actually have best traction with the tires slipping 10% that's why setting it a little higher isn't a bad idea.

Sounds like you're talking about Launch Control, not traction control. There is a separate unit that does traction control. Not the FlashPro

I don't think I need anything like launch control,I don't burn up my expensive tires like that and I don't think the honda si is really putting down that much power either. I am running 225 45 17 Michelin's 3+ tires that stick to the road very well. What I could use is a Good Hondata tuner that isn't going to charge me a arm and a leg for email tunes.:lildevil:

Well, Launch control is what you're talking about. The FlashPro hardware has no traction control function. FlashPro Manager supports the Traction Control Module just as it supports the FlashPro Module.

what about that button that turns traction control on and off? Doesn't the flash pro has a rpm setting that turns it on 2000rpm or you can adj it higher like 2500 that doesn't work-there is a setting that I saw:bunny:? Very confusing. So you have to buy a flash pro traction controller for that to work-$600 too much for me.

what about that button that turns traction control on and off? Doesn't the flash pro has a rpm setting that turns it on 2000rpm or you can adj it higher like 2500 that doesn't work-there is a setting that I saw:bunny:? Very confusing. So you have to buy a flash pro traction controller for that to work-$600 too much for me.

I explained that to you on 2 separate occasions. The button in the car turns the power off to the VSA and Traction control. If you want to control the TC you need MoTec or Hondata Traction control. They have those settings available for when you need them.

If you want a fully functional tuning solution go get the MoTec.

don't really think I need those on a car with a six speed, limited slip and great tires

...Oh, so this is sunofwolf's lair. :eek:
Yes this is true, the Woffee is back-Started up the black SRT-4 monster today in Carb world,
anti carb srt-4 Has had a black piece of tape over it's check engine light for almost the time I got it Ha Ha
and has a high Flow cat that isn't carb either nor is its pro 93 tune set by Diablosport's tuner for max power with a 190mph red line-it has no tnps -pee you CA zero traction control except for my gas peddle. It recently sent smoke flying at 30mph by accident at half throttle.:flame:As the oil company want go Leave your car running all day and put some Black filthy Smoke out of your tail pipe:badger:

Last edited:
Back