Q300 catback and rv6 catted combo or a UR downpipe and cat back.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
I kind of like this setup and wonder how hard it is to install, I heard the q300 had some ratting issue's due to clearance. I am concerned about being to noisy. Its looks like the rv6 catted is a extremely well made downpipe with a cat. The other exhaust is the Ultima racing 3" with cat and a catback with two muffler's-makes more power but might be just to noisy and lack of room of the downpipe worry's me. Either setup I would add a rmm 70a hasport. I have a tuner and a 3.5 CAI.

no a 2.5 pipe is smaller and lighter, a 3inch bigger and heavy. 2.5 less noisy than a 3 inch. 2.5 inch lower torque than 3inch. But perhaps being a bit picky. RV6 downpipe seems to be the best one made and its only 2.5. rv6 seems to be made out of better stuff?:paper:

The install is the same in regards to the diy links I posted

UR has a 15% off right now on a full exhaust till Monday, just might pick up a catted version with 3" and two mufflers that shouldn't be too noisy as my SRT-4 has just one big muffler 3" SS full exhaust- a thermal brand- its survived 5 yrs

checking on that deal on Monday 15% off UR full exhaust-it is not taking off the discount on their web site, if they honor the discount I may get a 3" catted metal downpipe and catback with two mufflers 3"-they have a five year war which is the most I can find on a exhaust. I don't plan on selling the SI. I will be tuning it hondata for max mpg and power- 93 gas .- adding a 3.5 CAI intake too and a rmm. Later a 24 mm sway bar and a short throw shifter. This will fix California attempt to destroy the car with unnecessary garbage. I drove a car with Hill assist and it was horrible locking up twice-one reason while I bought a 2013 instead of 2014 which puts that crap on as well as using a button to start the car another piece of junk-no key- ya I didn't want a prius-Yugo! So it will have cost me maybe $2000 to fix the car because it came broken from the factory as the way I see :flame::iough:it

The install is the same in regards to the diy links I posted
Yes they install differently a .5 inch is a big difference in weight and clearance. It maybe small difference, but 3" gains maybe 3Hp over 2.5. a 3" may have a little less torque down low-not sure about this however. A sports coupe needs a sporty exhaust. Can't wait till spring till-the winter has been warm for Maine and is raining now, anything above 32 degrees makes me happy. A Fox attacked our chicken again but I saved the hen this time. the fox even bite doggy nose poor dog.:sadbanana:

UR web site not giving 15% off and I can't get a hold of them-I looked at their return policy and it stinks, taking 20% off on restocking and only giving a store credit-I don't think I trust this vendor. I may just get a rv6 downpipe and use the stock catback.:banana whip2:

what about their down pipe? It doesn't seem to take 15% off the extra's, just the plain catback is 15% off. Oh it says up to 15% off, very deceptive. Well it came to $1247 that just too much- 15% off only the plain catback. I guess, its best to call them Monday.

Last edited:
:lildevil:Looks like a rv6 downpipe is the best for me, 3" isn't going to help except to put more noise out. 2.5 inch is good for 230HP+, 3" over 330HP-no way except turbo or supercharger which I am not going to use at present time maybe in future. 2.5 good for clearance issue's and noise and still makes power where needed. MY srt-4 has a 3" but it has a turbo so its needed, but I am running a big muffler. It's actually more less noisy then the stock setup with just two resonators-only car with that setup up in 2003-2005. Still like it however. Someone offered me:flame: a gmc dump truck one ton for it-maybe a decent offer actually! I could fill up the truck and go to Ca and dump some ****! :shady:

https://www.ultimate-racing.com/collections/civic-si/products/civic-si-catback-exhaust

It’s $467 without add ons. It’s normally $550. That’s 15% off. You’re living in a fantasy world if you think most aftermarket parts sites answer phones on a weekend.
As to not working on weekends-YOUR here-maybe!:joke: A lot of places have people working on Saturday or should because that's when people are able to order stuff! $467 to cat $150 + gasket plus shipping $735 + shipping $65 $800 not really too bad, but more than I want to spend. Winter is slow and cold- I think bears got it right-don't come out till spring.

well lets see what happens with UR-trying to get a full exhaust system, but can't get them on the phone. responded on web site only something is wrong here-phone recording was awful. Well back to the rv6-I can get one for $419 shipped and use my stock catback!

:beer:Looks like I can't get away from the rv6=$419 shipped option and using a perfectly fine OEM catback. Maybe I leave it at that and add a RMM, 24mm sway bar and shorty throw shifter and just auto cross the car everywhere with my 2 sets of HP tires. have cai and hondata tuner and also paid for a etune when done. Sometimes spending too much simply ruins the fun.:corndance:

oh my god, just buy the rv6 and stop talking to yourself about it on here. .5inch will not make a difference for install. im not sure why you keep saying the install will differ. everytime i show your ignored comments i immediately regret it.

got another post, putting off pipes for a while maybe, Not screwing with the car till about 5 months when I get my inspection sticker.

I looked at the full race 3" downpipe the v2 model and it really looks well made, I wonder if the exhaust is as good on full race?.:shady::squirrel::worms:

how about cnt racing catted downpipes for only $300 shipped

Back