Will they fit?

DodgeC

I have a 2014 Civic EX on stock rims and tires and im looking to upgrade, i have skunk 2 lowering springs and im wondering if rims that are 18x9.5 22 with tires that are 225/40R18 will fit without having to roll my fenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t had a chance to put the springs on, but from what I’ve seen its 2.25 inches in the front and 2 inches on the rear.

This is a similar outfit -- not lowered from what I can tell. A two inch drop would put you right on the money from what I'm getting with my mind's eye, but there's always a little wiggle room here and there. I'm going to hypothesize that it won't rub, but it'll be really close to rubbing.

Screenshot_20200113-212244.png

Appreciate the feedback ill have to take some pics when everything is done.

not worth the trouble. if its a daily driver it will get old real quick. rubbing makes your drive a lot less fun. thats my opinion. i had 18x8.5 +35 with 225/40 tires lowered all the way down on tein basis coilovers. when i destroyed a rear tire because of -3 camber in the rear to fit them i gave up.

I’d also say far from “safe” with that tire stretch

Too much stretch and definitely gonna need to roll fenders. I respect the drop, but without some rolling and maybe a lil pulling of your fenders, it's gonna be a bit risky.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any rim and tire dimension set ups that would be better suited for my car then? I feel so dumb talking about wheels lol

Any rim and tire dimension set ups that would be better suited for my car then? I feel so dumb talking about wheels lol

Don't feel dumb! Wheels are a complicated component of car functionality. Getting a risky setup could make your car dangerous to drive-- so ask any questions that pop up. :) As far as recommendations, the only one I can think of is to try to avoid too much tire stretch-- especially for dailies. Is there a rim you're interested in that's slightly narrower?

I cruised around on 18x8.5 with +35 offset on sk2 spring and didn’t scrape unless under crazy hard turns. Anything more aggressive then that ur gonna need camber work.

Last edited:
Back