Straight From Honda About The HFP Suspension

siracergrl

NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Type R
Body Style
4-Door Hatch
I just got off the phone with American Honda in regards to the availability of the HFP suspension outside of buying the whole HFP package they offer. After quite some time of waiting the representative on the phone came back with some of the saddest news. "Honda currently has no intentions of releasing the HFP suspension outside of the HFP package."
This made me a very sad person. Maybe if we all call them and are polite about it and express how much we want it but cannot afford to throw down several grand for the full package at once than maybe they will see that there is a market for it and will release for sale on it's own. I know a couple people asked me about this being available yet so here's the information I have on it straight from the source. Let's get those calls in!

I know...I wanted to cry when the guy told me that.

On Honda's site it says it's only part of 500 available packages. I guess with the new refresh coming so soon they aren't making many?

I wonder what reason they would have for this decision. I also wonder what it would take to make an 8th gen HFP suspension work. :think:
chris made it sound like it could work -

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/8...civic-suspension-differences.3031/#post-40029

3) So, what this means is that you can run a full set of 2006 Civic springs on a 2012 Civic as long as you use 2006 spring isolators in back. And here is the kicker.... the 2006 springs are about 1/4" shorter in front and back, which means that any 2006 Civic springs will lower the car an additional 1/4" when installed on a 2012 car. This is significant because we may find that running HFP springs from a 2006 Civic on a 2012 Civic will lower it more than it does on the 2006 car. Might be a cheap (and really good) 1" drop for the new 2012 Civic. Only thing is someone is going to have to actually try it on their car and see how it really sits... what I know so far is that it looks like it will work perfectly, but only a real install will know for sure.

to my knowledge, no one has tested it yet.

You just have to get a bunch of people together and buy one kit, and split it up! I'm sure you can find someone that wants the body kit! Let me know what color, and i'll order it. I'll sell it for employee pricing.

chris made it sound like it could work -

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/8...civic-suspension-differences.3031/#post-40029
to my knowledge, no one has tested it yet.
I'd be willing to give it a shot

You just have to get a bunch of people together and buy one kit, and split it up! I'm sure you can find someone that wants the body kit! Let me know what color, and i'll order it. I'll sell it for employee pricing.
hmmm....would you be able to hook us up with the pricing? If so I am definitely in for that. I'm sure I can get some people together for the rest of the kit

regular retail is 3829.40 plus tires. I can sell it for for 2850. Obviously, shipping would be the catch on this one, but I wouldn't mark shipping up more than what they charged me.

Includes four (4) HFP 18” alloy wheels; HFP floor mats; front, side, and rear underbody spoilers;

sport suspension kit; red LED ambient lighting; and HFP emblems

:thumb:I figured but most people with the sedans would know there isn't HFP for them yet I would think lol

I was actually reading over your post about that yesterday. My husband and I were seriously considering it. If all else fails we will definitely go that route. Thank you =]

Back