Injen Intakes 2012 Civic Si Update - Email & Dyno

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
injen said:
...As you know, the intake system for the new 2012 Civic Si is now developed and getting ready for production. I see these being available by mid-April.
The intake system is a 1 piece design, and the removal of the front bumper is not required.. The battery and the tray need to be removed for the installation.

The vehicle produces a consistent 10-12Hp and 11-13TQ throughout the entire power band . We saw gains as high as 19hp and 15 tq but we don’t advertise the highest gains like some of our competitors do. I included a dynograph just to show you that. We did 3 runs with the Injen intake and 3 runs with the stock air box. Both on the same day back to back to get the most consistent results.

The intake system is nicely designed for the amount of space and clearance. We had to utilize "Air Fusion" and "M.R. Technology" which are our patented tuning processes. And an Ultra flow Web-Nano fiber dry filter comes standard in this kit!

Attached is a photo and the dynograph of the intake kit. Thanks again Adrian

injen_new_sp1579.jpg

injen.png

test install

View: http://youtu.be/4w3kwTh29bc

:thumbsup:

Pretty nice. It also has a better look compared to the 8th's hidden CAI. Lol.

That's crazy looking.....I wonder where the filter sits.

I :giggle: at the 166 stock HP.

• Staff
least it didn't say 240hp stock

like you want all the metal piping to be painted black?

CAIs can cause hydrolocks.

you can always get a hydroshield pre filter if you're worried about water. In reality... you need to be driving in some deep water to hydrolock.

o0syIAyNB-9TYqbu8nV8S8m6wvKfXwnlgOHFxQ0ckrJr4aNPtF9GnQZy3MMCskbpGS4w3DppwabkLIckIiL8C4p38fB2GzE5LliN9wNZX_kn8ZHutTy9Ryde1Y09Oza7cp7s0CJIytBSZtREZBoRZtN5SIs2HoqIgVhj3VhPiJiGiCFFpDQ409xdtDipNnbFYEyVxOU

procivic.com, corsportusa.com - both vendors on the site will have them. Any other aftermarket store online will carry it as well.

Thats awesome that someone is finally coming out with an intake. I will probably buy this the day it releases HOWEVER I will always play negative nancy with injen because of other products and personal interactions with them. I really just don't care for them as people. You hear how they don't use their peak numbers like other competitors... kinda rude in the way it was said. If we go back a couple weeks there is a post webby put up for injen about how if anyone is claiming power on a CAI it should be tested because they were unable to on their first test car... rude again.. now they make almost 20whp on parts of the dyno?? hmm... Either way, yay for an intake and I can't wait to have it, wish K&N had come up first but those guys won't return my emails or calls. Hell, their looking for a 2012 Si with a 2.0 liter motor to test on... I hate when companies get too big to care.

Back