Grumpy Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Philly
Vehicle Model
Polestar 2
Body Style
Sedan
From the Bangkok International Motor Show, its the Chinese model so i doubt the US will see projectors.

2013-All-New-Honda-Civic-Showcase-at-Bangkok-International-Motor-Show-4.jpg

2013-All-New-Honda-Civic-Showcase-at-Bangkok-International-Motor-Show-1.jpg

2013-All-New-Honda-Civic-Showcase-at-Bangkok-International-Motor-Show-3.jpg

2013-All-New-Honda-Civic-Showcase-at-Bangkok-International-Motor-Show-2.jpg

http://bycarinfo.com/honda/2013-all-new-honda-civic-showcase-at-bangkok-international-motor-show/

Seen the photos before... It would be interesting if they took the front bumper other than that noting else would be different only differences on the China spec version are headlamps,Front Bumper,Lower door moldings and deck lid tail lamps.But the interesting thing is the body kit which could be adapted to the US Sedan potential HFP sedan Kit? Hmm

• Staff
i hope they made some changes on material selection for the interior, i think thats where they were lacking more than exterior styling

Interior of the Si does not bother me only complaint would be the amount of plastic on the forward half of the coupe door could have extended the cloth insert other than that i like the feel of it over my '07 WRX....Not a big fan of the seats or look of the Auto's Shifter in the LX,EX though.

i hope they made some changes on material selection for the interior, i think thats where they were lacking more than exterior styling
Did you sit in the SI? I can't remember which one you sat in/saw?

Funny thing about the Si most bad reviews of the '12 are based off an ex,lx hell consumer reports slammed every trim but the Si and it is the only 9th civic to get recommended status from them.

I say bring on the projectors so I can waste my money on the upgrade, but for god sakes get rid of that door trim.

Interior of the Si does not bother me only complaint would be the amount of plastic on the forward half of the coupe door could have extended the cloth insert other than that i like the feel of it over my '07 WRX....Not a big fan of the seats or look of the Auto's Shifter in the LX,EX though.

The leather in my 2010 WRX looked great on day one but it only took 20k miles or so before it started showing age and it drove me crazy having a near new interior looking worn already. I think the new materials Honda chose, while they may not be silky smooth leather or suede type finishes, will hold up well in the long term. Also I really like the layout of my coupe interior w/nav, not the biggest fan of the way the dash looks in the non nav models but that's a pretty easy aftermarket fix.

regarding the chinese version sedan...why the hell won't they bring that body kit to the US? It seems like it would bolt right up. It appears to be sitting very high off the ground, even with the body kit on it.

Lose those door visors, chrome trim around the fogs, horrible door moldings, put different wheels on it, lower it and ditch the baby blue color and then you have a good looking sedan for china. The projectors and the side mirrors with integrated turn signals are a nice touch!

I agree with that the new interior is probably bullet proof and will hold up nicely we will see as i plan on having it for 5yrs and approx 170k.With the wrx i had issues with the soft touch on the doors wearing after 50k and looking like crap and the seats wore out by 60k and carpet was shitty even worse than the civic is now and some how managed to wear a hole even while using factory mats..I am anal and car was in excellent shape looked like it had 50k tops at 170k but noting i could do about factory parts wearing out...But it drove nice! LOL

Body is the same so beyond me why they did not integrate the bumpers and aero into the north american version probably because regional design teams do not communicate who knows...But You can get the side mirrors w turn signals on the Hybrid here.

So guys like the Camry inspired rear-end?
facepalm.gif
The 8th sedan had decklid taillights also but no i do not like the ones on the China spec but i am not a sedan guy so.....IMHO the bulbous round rear end of the 8th coupe looks worse than the 9th coupe

Back