Bluetooth Choppiness/Whining, Voice Commands Not Recognized? We Found The Cause

I know mine isn't recognizing voice commands... I just assumed I was doing something wrong :oops:

But maybe it wasn't me after all?
You can check by recording a voice tag, you'll hear a high pitched background noise if its messed up.

Has anyone else resolved this problem? My call quality is terrible and the voice recognition is nearly useless. When I took it in to my dealer for service, they told me that it sounds great to them and that my expectations for call quality are too high. Wow.

Did you record the voice command like mentioned in the thread? If you did and your dealership still won't acknowledge it, they are flat out assholes. You may wanna try another dealer.

That's weird. Never had that probablem before. Voice command alwas work for me.
It always worked for me but not my hubby and then all of a sudden it just said ef you and stopped working for me. May wanna record a voice tag and check yours

Voice commands always work for me as well. But it does sound tinny when I hear my voice recall from the recording. Should this be something I try and bring up for a replacement; Or is it just working the way they think.

Voice commands always work for me as well. But it does sound tinny when I hear my voice recall from the recording. Should this be something I try and bring up for a replacement; Or is it just working the way they think.
It never hurts to mention something that doesn't seem like it's working. Especially on a brand new car. Ours isn't fixed yet only due to the fact hubby keeps forgetting to set up a loaner car lol

I hate calling my husband when he has the car because every time we talk the call is consumed by electrical interference, or choppiness. It isn't due to lack of signal, wind noise, cabin noise etc. This is caused by a faulty microphone in the car. This will also cause voice commands not being recognized. This is intermittent for most but for my husband it is a persistent thing. In order to prove this to your service advisor at Honda, record a speed dial tag and when you are at the dealership presenting the problem, just try to delete the tag and it will play back the noise from the mic. This works on both Navi and non-Navi models. Good luck to all who have the issue! Hope this helps. Thanks to our friend Tony (a.ultimo) for this tip.
Bought my 2012 Civic EX 4 door on April 19, 2012 (VIN 19FB2F81CE041245) and am having the same issues with the microphone, including excessive background noise, but my dealer refuses to replace it. Happens with both my HTC Thunderbolt and Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The phones worked very well in my last car (FIAT 500).
Between this, and it stalling about 50% of the time during a cold start, I'm a bit frustrated!

*knock on wood* I haven't had issues with the cold start but as far as the microphone issue goes, it's a valid issue that your dealership should fix. Have you tried another dealership? Have you played back the noise for them?

Bought my 2012 Civic EX 4 door on April 19, 2012 (VIN 19FB2F81CE041245) and am having the same issues with the microphone, including excessive background noise, but my dealer refuses to replace it. Happens with both my HTC Thunderbolt and Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The phones worked very well in my last car (FIAT 500).
Between this, and it stalling about 50% of the time during a cold start, I'm a bit frustrated!
have you tried demonstrating to the dealership that it's really a problem?
As for the stalling, there is a tsb out for that too, they should fix that as well. Worst case scenario you can try a different dealership.

have you tried demonstrating to the dealership that it's really a problem?
As for the stalling, there is a tsb out for that too, they should fix that as well. Worst case scenario you can try a different dealership.
Yes. I called him. He blamed my phone. Going to return with my other phone.
I told them about the tsb (printed out both posts regarding the microphone and the stalling), but they said that it didn't apply to my car...

*knock on wood* I haven't had issues with the cold start but as far as the microphone issue goes, it's a valid issue that your dealership should fix. Have you tried another dealership? Have you played back the noise for them?
Good idea! I'm going to take both phones with me on my next trip to that dealership (Monday, 05/14).
If they don't act, I'll try another dealership.

Finally was able to get a loaner car! Bluetooth fix should be done by the end of the week

So they finished the car in the same day (It only took a couple hours). The bluetooth mic now works PERFECTLY. There is no noise or choppiness. A job well done Metro Honda.

Back