The official "Ask a Detailer Thread"

I'm looking at buying some cleaning products from Griots. Specifically their sealent and best of show wax. Have you ever used their products? Also do you know who makes their product? Thanks

I can't stand there BOS wax and once you try it you will know why! I've tried a few others but the only one I use as of now is there DA polisher. Don't know who makes their stuff...

Need a good detailer around Baltimore, MD (21220 is my zip)....

Anyone you know? I know a few in VA but that's quite a hike.. :(

Go to the "other" forum and ask FBFG.....Will just had his G ride detailed in MD.

What is the best way to bring back the faded rubber trim to a nice black color?

Forever Black, maybe?

Hey Rasky, ive got a question. When I don't have time for a full on hand wax ive got a couple spray bottles that just spray on wipe off. Meguiars Quick Detailer and their premium Quick Wax.

Which one first after a wash? I read conflicting information on a couple sites. I usually use the QD between wash/wax sessions when crap gets on my car.

Hey Rasky, ive got a question. When I don't have time for a full on hand wax ive got a couple spray bottles that just spray on wipe off. Meguiars Quick Detailer and their premium Quick Wax.

Which one first after a wash? I read conflicting information on a couple sites. I usually use the QD between wash/wax sessions when crap gets on my car.

I would use one or the other. Using both may end in a streaky mess. If you must use both I'd say the spray wax first followed by the quick detailer.

I see. I have a white car that gets dirty fast.

If Im at my parents house and have access to a hose I do the full wash, usually once a month:

whole two bucket wash, bug/tar remover, ironx fallout/raildust remover, wheels & tire cleaner, clay bar maybe 3 times a year, paintwork cleansing lotion or something similar, collinite wax.

If i'm at my apt and can't really wash, then it's touchless wash, and I was using the QD first because the car comes back pretty black still. Then quick wax after. It's gotta be something quick and spray cause we aren't allowed to do anything maintenance wise in the parking lot.

Suggestion for something I can use to clean the car when the touchless leaves a lot behind? Thanks!

(I'd like to use a no rinse wash but I can't leave the large wet spot. Spray and wipe products only.)

And... that's the one I recall reading about. I believe nitrousg37 was the member praising that product/brand.

Cool. I will have to give that a try. You just mix it up in a bucket and wipe/wet down a surface and it cleans it pretty good?

I try to do a full wash once a week. Wheels/body/dry takes me less than 2 hours.

Hoping to do a full paint correction next week, while I'm away from work and can devote the time.

Back