Automatic climate control?

Charley H

Does anyone know if the automatic climate control that is used on the hybrid civics can be added to a civic natural gas? Or othe civic?

Thanks for the help.

It is possible on the 8thgen so I'm sure that it could be done on the 9th as well. The problem is the amount of work and cost to get the job done. Just the controller alone is over $400. Add in the cost of any other components that may be required and that amount can go up quite quickly. If you want to experiment with adding this option, finding a Hybrid in a salvage yard would help keep the end cost down. I wish I could give you a list of exactly what would be needed but we've never tried to retrofit this particular option.

Thanks. I would be willing to pay for the change if I knew it would work. Does anyone have access to a shop manual to check if the wire diagrams match?

Based on how the 8thgen swap worked out, the swap will be particularly challenging because the hybrid uses an electric ac compressor and a few other unique parts that communicate differently than the standard civic hvac components.

The only reason someone was able to get the swap to work on an 8th gen was because he purchased the equivalent parts from a CSX, which uses more of the standard parts, but its still far from a simple rewire job.

I just looked at the ILX thinking it may be a solution, but it doesn't have auto climate either

Thanks. That was the information I was looking for. I was hoping it would be more straight forward.

Charley

I seen pics of a Civic coupe from Panama on Facebook and noticed it had auto climate. So I looked thru Honda of Panama and seen a photo to confirm (looks like they get a red hazard button aswell, lol). Someone from Panama should get us P/N's for the required parts and see if the US parts catalog has them (sometimes parts made for other markets can be bought here, like the RRC intake manifold). I wonder what other markets sell the Coupe (besides Canada & Panama).

http://www.hondapanama.com/microsite/civic2012_esp/civic-si-coupe/interior.html
BGPCQ.jpg

Back