Engine to cabin grommet?

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I need to run at least one wire from the engine bay to the cabin, but can't find any holes/grommets.

Can someone help me out?

On my 8th gen we ran the wires inside the fender to the door and through the grommet there where the other wires already go. Used a long wire coat hanger to push the lead wire from behind the headlight up to the door. Check and see if there is a hollow inside to the fender.

There is a grommet that comes in just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal. I used to to wire my amp over the weekend. I can run out to my car and take a few pics if you would like.

Reactions: Nix
There is a grommet that comes in just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal. I used to to wire my amp over the weekend. I can run out to my car and take a few pics if you would like.

could you? i spent 15 minutes looking under the dash and under the hood looking for it

Follow the ORANGE wire! It will probably be easiest to stick something small and solid through the engine side and tape the wire to it and pull it back out. Make sure you go in on the low side. Otherwise, you may hit the bundle of wires behind it.

2013-06-19 17.54.44.jpg2013-06-19 17.54.56.jpg2013-06-19 17.57.16.jpg2013-06-19 17.57.04.jpg

Last edited:
Were you successful?

bunch of friends showed up in my backyard to play basketball lol so i stopped with the lights but i'll try and finish it today.
with those picture i'm sure it wont take me more than a half hour or so to wire it inside, then to a switch and power source, then hide all the wires.

hey squiggy didnt know you painted the top of the intake box take a pic of the whole thing i wanna see how it looks unless its on your build thread ?? if so which page ??

yaay 900 ! :dancing:

Last edited:
Sweet ! did some caps too me like :thumbsup:

Whenever I manage to figure out of to get the bottom of the airbox off, I will do that. I still want to do the brake fluid cap too, but it needs a good cleaning/degreasing in order to tape it off due to the odd shape. I don't want to run the risk of paint on the underside flaking off into my lines!

Were you successful?

Great success! following your pics really helped, i wouldve never seen that on my own.
For some reason, while looking in the engine, i was looking more to the right, behind where the airbox used to be, i thought there would be a path there since the fuse boxes are both on that side of the car.

But anyways, I used a wire hanger like Nix suggested, and it worked out well.
Except that hole was hard to reach, i'm fairly tall at 6'2" so i have long arms and it was still hard for me to reach all the way to the back of the engine bay.

But definitely worth it, the lights work perfectly now, thank you everyone for your help.

I swear i learn a ton of new stuff every time i have a project on my car, and the forum is always the best place to go for answers

Except that hole was hard to reach, i'm fairly tall at 6'2" so i have long arms and it was still hard for me to reach all the way to the back of the engine bay.

Huh? :confuzzled: Were you leaning over the bumper trying to do it? You got nearly a foot on me and I didn't have any problems. I used an old chopstick, btw.

For some reason, while looking in the engine, i was looking more to the right, behind where the airbox used to be, i thought there would be a path there since the fuse boxes are both on that side of the car.

I was originally looking over more to the right and down further thinking there was something there, too.

I was thinking about sealing it up with some silicone since I shoved such a big wire (4 gauge) through there. It may be up high enough to not matter, though.

I swear i learn a ton of new stuff every time i have a project on my car, and the forum is always the best place to go for answers

The amount of knowledge on this forum is amazing!

Huh? :confuzzled: Were you leaning over the bumper trying to do it? You got nearly a foot on me and I didn't have any problems.
Well yea I was over the bumper...I tried from the side too but it was the same distance away

Back