First Impressions Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice Wrt (winter tires)

iluvmycsx

Mr Csx
VIP Member
Regina - The City That Rhymes with Fun
Vehicle Model
Acura Csx
Body Style
Sedan
IMG_0466.jpg

this review was just after driving on them for the first time last night on snow covered roads.First i will say previously i have ran goodyear ultra grip tires for the past 7 seasons. these tires are fairly quiet considering they are a winter tire even driving on dry pavement. Starting and stopping was very good felt i had total control of the car even with slippery condition the slipping/sliding was very minimal. starting was smooth even with a manual transmission car there was a little wheel spin but not enough to let off the gas. sudden stopping even at 40kph was smooth and in a straight line.Cornering was great the car followed where i was wanting to go not feeling like the back-end was going to slid out.

so far i am impressed with these tire and i am at ease that in most winter conditions these will provide the best traction and control.

later i will add video

I guess it's my turn to put in my two cents worth of opinon about these tires. Overall I felt I was in control of the car with the slippery road conditions ( iluvmycsx would probably say different though, lol ). I could step on the gas and I didn't feel the tires continuously spinning and not getting any traction. iluvmycsx sure did prove last night that we could stop on a dime most times, I have the seatbelt bruises to prove it, lol. Overall I am very happy that these will be the tires that I will be driving on this winter.....now if the rest of the idiots out on the road would learn to drive in the winter things would be even better.

Glad to hear you guys are liking them. How much snow do you currently have?

Snow on ice can be fun & scary at the same time.

wow just got to drive around with these tires in almost 6" of snow preformed great, roads were a little slick but these grip well little to no traction lost even under heavy to medium braking. had fun :vtec: my only worries were the other drivers trying to stop. never got stuck just plowed through even with being lowered....

Photo0001.jpg

Attachments

• Photo0002.jpg
    Photo0002.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 4
Consumer reports just did a review on winter tires. They had your tires in 8th position out of 16, but there were only 4 points between the 1st and 8th ranked tire. Only real point difference was on road noise over the top tire. Basically looks like anything in their top 10 performs real well on snow/ice. :thumb:

Back