Fog lights without low beam on...

aznboi606

Atlanta, GA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
i always wanted to turn on the fog lights with out the low beam on. The only thing im afraid is when i turn on the high beam, the fogs cuts off and i get paranoid that the fogs will burn out when everytime i turn on high beam and turn it off on coming cars at night.. so i usually would turn off the fogs until i get home. i did a lil research and found it done on the 8th civic and was wondering if the wiring on the 9thcivic is the same. it would be nice to have the fogs on during the day.. it looks good in my opinion

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting/193723-09-si-oem-fog-mod-w-stalk-control-pic-heavy.html

can some1 tell me if this have been done on the 9th civic

i dont know of anyone who has done it on a 9th gen yet, however i can help cross reference the 8th gen wiring to the 9th gen.

Whats cut off up at the top is that the fog light relay in the 8th gen has constant 12v power, so doing this bypass means the fog lights are 100% independent of the other lights, you could even turn them without the parking lights and there would be no reminder chime that the lights were on

8thfog.jpg

meaning you need to click the headlight switch back and the fog lights as well, or they'd stay on (without a chime reminder).

Correct, if i had a choice i would change the fog relay (pins 2 and 4 above) +12v from a constant on to a ignition switched +12v, through the appropriate fuse

i would look under up the dash, its base should look similar to the pics in that thread, and it should be audibly clicking when you turn your fogs on and off

The relay for the fogs is under the hood. I will have a DIY for this soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Haha yea I know, I'm gonna order a new set of bulbs from someone else who says they're purple. Well se how those ones come out too lol

I will be anxiously waiting for the DIY article. Would like to rig my coupe like that...
If you check my flicker, all the pictures are loaded up there where everything is. I can make a diagram of the relay you have to add. If you have some electrical knowledge it is pretty simple

If you us a purple colour bulb that loses it colour to pink, adding a blue filter on the lins would bring out the purple you want.
http://www.exterior-house-paint-colors.com/color-wheel.html
I ordered purple, that's how they came. There was no picture to compare to. The website I found now has a picture of a beautiful purple bulb (vvme.com). The blue filter may not work because of how bright the hid is and I wouldn't want the lens blue. Hopefully those bulbs are what I'm looking for!

I ordered purple, that's how they came. There was no picture to compare to. The website I found now has a picture of a beautiful purple bulb (vvme.com). The blue filter may not work because of how bright the hid is and I wouldn't want the lens blue. Hopefully those bulbs are what I'm looking for!
Yeh.... I was thinking about you might not want a blue filter while off...... You'd think they'd know that it needs a deeper purple coming from the bulb to over come the wash-out from the brightness.

Back