2013 Honda Civic Redesign Info - Updates Inside

I love everything about the 2013 compared to the 2012. Sure, I could buy a 2012 for a really good deal, but it still doesn't seem worth it. I bought a Ford Fiesta which turned out to be a Lemon so I don't have a car right now. January 23rd? Ouch, but I'm still willing to wait for all of the new features.

I like the Chrome on the outside. The LA showroom pictures show the Si with what looks like black in place of the chrome on the front. Good news for people who don't like the chrome if that's an option. I like the much more aggressive look to the front. I hope the spoiler is standard. The "regular" 2013 civics have two spoiler add-on options to pick from. That would be nice if the Si had the same options to choose. I really like the tail lights going into the trunk; I think the elongated look is better.

Absolutely love the interior compared to the 2012. I REALLY like the carbon fiber inserts; that is just so after market classy. Nice job on that Honda. I'd like to touch the dash material; I know it's not leather, but it looks like leather, and that's good enough for me. The cabin looks much darker, and I like that as well. The chrome accents on the inside are super classy. That really pulls it all together.

Disappointed there is no push button start and/or keyless/remoteless entry. (some cars unlock just by the dongle being next to the door, so sexy)
Majorly disappointed by no LEDs in the front and rear of the car. This feature (or lack thereof) makes the car seem dated right off the bat.
Interior lighting only has the color blue. Kinda of weak when other car companies' interior lighting can change colors at the push of a button.

I'm debating this car over the Kia Optima 2013 just because of features and style. I really would rather have a Japanese car rather than a Korean car, but these cars are made in Canada now? What about the engine? Anyone know what exactly is done in Canada? Do they just put the Japanese made parts together? This concerns me. Every Honda I have owned in the past has had that comforting J, and they all lasted for over 350k miles.

There are a few assembly plants in Canada. Parts are made all over, and then the final assembly is done in Alliston Ontario.

Just Google civic si 2013 you will get pics.. I don't see the benefit of paying 3k more for new one when you get a he'll of a deal on 2012s right now.

The only thing I like about the new ones are the interior changes. To me the new rear looks...not great. It's really obvious they just tacked those new lights on in a desperate attempt to change the light profile a little bit (too many dodge neon comparisons). The front looks good, but not necessarily better than the 2012...just different. All in all I think the whole package is nice, but drastically better than it was in 2012? Not at all. If it shuts the reviewers up maybe it was worth it, but then again maybe not.

I want to see it lowered, in white, sitting on 18's, some kind of lip rear spoiler,with most of the ext chrome trim colormatched to the paint.

Very interesting
Honestly I'd be a little tweeked if I purchased a 2012. No disrespect to anyone.

I just recently purchased 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid with NAVI and I feel a little miffed too. Although, I did get a huge $3.5k price reduction as it sat on the dealer's lot for over a year. It's still new with less than 10 miles on it. Don't get me wrong I my love my new car and it's looks. Some things I wish it had such as fog lights and backup camera.

However, those items can be added on later so no big deal. I think those bumpers are interchangeable if I really want that look.

I hope it's an update. I want that feature.

It's just software as we already have the hardware with bluetooth. Reminds me of the rooting my Android phone to load custom roms onto it. Be funny we do the same thing with our cars. lol

Just Google civic si 2013 you will get pics.. I don't see the benefit of paying 3k more for new one when you get a he'll of a deal on 2012s right now.

I did alot of research on the 2012 hybrid version and noticed that Honda is in the process of moving it's faculties from Japan over to US due to labor costs and etc. I bought a 2006 Civic EX brand new and the car was built 80% in Ohio. There were some questionable QC issues when I took ownership of the car. Minor stuff mostly that I was able to fix but it didn't feel like it was a solid car as it should have been. Later I bought the 2009 CRV LX brand new and the build quality was much better. Built at the same Ohio plant. It's been well known that Japanese built cars always have the best build quality than those in US. I probably wouldn't have an issue with 2013 hybrid model that is going to be built in the US but since I want a car that is going to last for several years so I opt for the 100% Japanese built car. Besides, the car was on the dealer's lot for over a year so was given $3.5k discounts from MSRP so couldn't resist. It's a great car and love driving it. Very solidly built.

So yes I would definitely take a second look at the 2012s to save money.

07-2013-honda-civic-hybrid-la.jpg

I want to see someone swap those hybrid tails onto a Si at some point

They've been talking about how they've upgraded the steering. Correct me if I'm wrong but since our 9th's steering wheel is fly by wire shouldn't we be able to make adjustments with software to enhance steering so it isn't as light? Or did the changes come directly from changes in the suspension that they also upgraded?

They've been talking about how they've upgraded the steering. Correct me if I'm wrong but since our 9th's steering wheel is fly by wire shouldn't we be able to make adjustments with software to enhance steering so it isn't as light? Or did the changes come directly from changes in the suspension that they also upgraded?
the throttle is drive -by - wire not the steering, which is separately controlled by motor if im not mistaken?. I just want the navi/imid software update and sliding armrest and i'll be a happy camper. The car biz is just like technology, something new comes out every soo often, the the ipad 3 came out and a few months later a better ipad came out with retina display.

I did alot of research on the 2012 hybrid version and noticed that Honda is in the process of moving it's faculties from Japan over to US due to labor costs and etc. I bought a 2006 Civic EX brand new and the car was built 80% in Ohio. There were some questionable QC issues when I took ownership of the car. Minor stuff mostly that I was able to fix but it didn't feel like it was a solid car as it should have been. Later I bought the 2009 CRV LX brand new and the build quality was much better. Built at the same Ohio plant. It's been well known that Japanese built cars always have the best build quality than those in US. I probably wouldn't have an issue with 2013 hybrid model that is going to be built in the US but since I want a car that is going to last for several years so I opt for the 100% Japanese built car. Besides, the car was on the dealer's lot for over a year so was given $3.5k discounts from MSRP so couldn't resist. It's a great car and love driving it. Very solidly built.

So yes I would definitely take a second look at the 2012s to save money.

I should have specified mine was the si, glad you got a great deal though. 2013 si is nice not worth paying sticker though

Back