Anybody else in the military?

Ah it nice there? I'm stuck at this god forsaken prp base

Haha, I'm on the AETC side of the base here, so it isn't all too bad. The weather is cold here for Florida, nothing like what you're dealing with up there though. I'm not much of an east coast kind of person, so I'm trying to get back to Luke AFB, AZ. I miss the west coast a lot.

Done my time. Retired after 21 years. Assigned to Naval Aviation and served in aircraft squadrons and aboard aircraft carriers.

Yea tho I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I have spent my time in hell. (U.S. Navy)

Aviation Machinist's Mate (jet engines) Worked on F9F Cougars, F8U Crusaders, A3 Skywarriors, A4 Skyhawks. Favorite aircraft was the A3 Skywarrior known in the Air Force as the RB-66.

Yea tho I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I have spent my time in hell. (U.S. Navy)
Hah I been in bout 2 yrs, but it's goin alright so far, I'm security forces.

Hah I been in bout 2 yrs, but it's goin alright so far, I'm security forces.
Good to hear. stay in and make a career of it, I loved my time in('62 -'72), that quote was from my VN tour. Also put a few years in the AF with 3 years in England 23 years old before aids.

Currently stationed in Vandenberg AFB, CA. Spent 5 years up in Minot over on the Missile Wing side. Stay warm! How's the Si handle in the snow? I bought mine out here in California and all roads lead back up there.

Does great it's in the negatives right now, ah nice I do convoys up here on MSFS

AVIATION STRUCTURAL MECHANIC (AM) , BEEN IN TWO YEARS STATIONED IN NAS LEMOORE,CA. BORN AND RAISED IN SAN ANTONIO,TX SO I KNOW ALL YOU AIRFORCE CATS DID BASIC TRAINING ON LAFB SEEN LOTS OF GRADUATIONS MY DAD WORKED ON THAT BASE FOR 25+ YEARS. LOL SHOULDVE JOINED AF BUT OH WELL HAHA. UNTIL THEN......... :beer:

AVIATION STRUCTURAL MECHANIC (AM) , BEEN IN TWO YEARS STATIONED IN NAS LEMOORE,CA. BORN AND RAISED IN SAN ANTONIO,TX SO I KNOW ALL YOU AIRFORCE CATS DID BASIC TRAINING ON LAFB SEEN LOTS OF GRADUATIONS MY DAD WORKED ON THAT BASE FOR 25+ YEARS. LOL SHOULDVE JOINED AF BUT OH WELL HAHA. UNTIL THEN......... :beer:
Like you said he spent 25 years in one place...... Join the Navy, see the world, good choice.......... Ask for ship duty(Carrier in your case), or overseas stations.

exactly going on a deployment in april west pac. im attached to a squadron for the rest of my contract but we are attached to a cvn uss nimitz, the flight deck.........an adrenaline rush but very dangerous........

exactly going on a deployment in april westpac. i'm attached to a squadron for the rest of my contract but we are attached to a cvn uss nimitz, the flight deck.........an adrenaline rush but very dangerous........
Cool I spent about a year on a carrier USS Independence (CVA 62), Squadron was VF-84 (Jolly Rogers) (with the skull & crossbones.....How appropriate for a navy squadron).

HAHAHA YEA. DAMN THATS OLD SCHOOL NAVY!!!! IVE HEARD STORIES OF THE REAL NAVY BACK THEN AND HOW IT CHANGED SO MUCH....... VFA-146 BLUE DIAMONDS F/A 18C HORNETS. HOPE TO HEAR FROM MORE MILITARY 9TH GEN OWNERS ON THIS THREAD. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BTW

mrgarcia...have a great deployment !! Yeah, the flight deck is dangerous. Just keep your head up and you will be OK. I worked the flight deck on the following carriers: USS Coral Sea (four cruises - first cruise...it was straight deck carrier...lots of FUN), USS Forrestal, USS Enterprise, USS Midway, USS Kennedy. @ Monk...my old squadron VF-103 Sluggers merged with VF-84 to become the VFA-103 Jolly Rogers.

Back