Live reveal of the 2014 corvette..watch NOW

Supposedly the first wrecked C7 :hiding:

attachment.php

Maybe it's phototshopped?

in response to your image ^^

Digital Corvettes forum member named "gpetry", who claims to have received it from a friend in Arizona, just last week, with the following description:

"Driving through some mountains in Arizona about 30 minutes ago. In some tight switchbacks when we passed this '14 Vette. Cop had just arrived. Car is in worse shape than looks. Hit guardrail on left and bounced back to rocks."

As it turns out, we have seen this car before – it’s the blue colored base Corvette Stingray with the Michigan license plate number filmed along with two more examples driven by GM engineers in Arizona last month.

NWS Audio

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXHIqrN-oeY

Last edited:
That's insane. And the blue one is a beauty too.

Hey I know where those vettes were driving, that's like 5-6 miles away from where I live. I gotta say I'm not loving the tail lights, reminds me a lot of camaro's tails. The back vent window area though looks really aggressive, like you would see on a lambo or cts-v. Overall I'm not in love with it, which is fine because I couldn't afford one even if I was. Some good updates though. My step dad owns a 76 ( I believe??) stingray, and that look is timeless. Maybe these will prove to be the same?

Last edited:
Maybe these will prove to be the same?

I would be surprised if the C7 ends up being considered a classic.

They're trying to dredge up the Stingray icon to support that statement, which I think is a stretch.

In any case, I think this is an exciting car.

Last edited:
Word has it General Motors may offer as much as 700 horsepower in the C7 Corvette ZR1. Motor Trend reports the next Corvette Z06 will continue to rely on its naturally aspirated 7.0-liter V8 engine for thrust, but the lump will deliver substantially more power. How much more? MT says the engine could deliver up to 600 ponies. That's a jump of 95 horsepower over the current Z06, though no figures have been finalized as of yet. Right now, GM is reportedly waiting to see what sort of grunt it can glean from the next ZR1.

The automaker has already made it clear it will resurrect the LT5 name for the new supercharged V8, and if GM is already pulling 600 from the Z06, the big dog ZR1 would theoretically offer 700 horsepower. Either way, the range-topping Corvette will be suitably insulated from its less potent siblings. Stay tuned. We aren't likely to see the Z06 for at least a year, with the ZR1 trailing along at some point there after.

:ohsnap:

Last edited:
I haven't been a Corvette fan for some time. When I saw this one, I fell in love all over again. Damn sexy vehicle!

the wheels look less appealing compared to the previous pics

2014 Corvette Prices Raised By $1400

The base coupe model starts at $51,995, while the soft-top convertible has a starting retail price of $56,995, with both MSRPs including a $995 destination fee. We'll remind you that the base models are powered by GM's new LT1 6.2-liter V8 delivering 450hp linked to a standard 7sp manual, or an optional automatic transmission driving the rear set of wheels.

Not bad at all, especially considering that the current 430hp C6 Corvette retails for $50,595 (including destination fee), which means Chevrolet increased the price by just $1,400. It also remains cheaper than the base 275hp Porsche Cayman that starts at $53,550 (including a $950 handling and delivery charge).

Back