Acura NSX Concept Shows Off Its Interior

It's not an "automatic," it's a dual clutch transmission. They shift instantly, not like the old automatics with a gear selector thingy like the old Plymouth Prowler or something.

That's what she said.

Y'all whining about there being no manual option are ridiculous. If you want old technology, get an old NSX! New cars should be moving forward with new technology. Y'all are like the Mustang guys that got butt hurt over the independent rear suspension on the Cobra in '99, '01, and '03-4. Why would you be upset about new technology that makes the car faster? Again, if you want older technology, it's readily available in old cars.

I wouldn't change a single thing, aesthetically, about the interior in those pictures. However, I'd have to drive one for a few days to have an opinion about ergonomics, comfort, and convenience.

I doubt we'll complain about a better suspension if it connects the driver more to the road. Paddle shifts take the traction, rev matching and car balance awareness from the driver. I get them in a F1 or Indy car where they can do that and gears takes from the pure performance. For a road car it is a cop out. Better sales...

That's what she said.

Y'all whining about there being no manual option are ridiculous. If you want old technology, get an old NSX! New cars should be moving forward with new technology. Y'all are like the Mustang guys that got butt hurt over the independent rear suspension on the Cobra in '99, '01, and '03-4. Why would you be upset about new technology that makes the car faster? Again, if you want older technology, it's readily available in old cars.

I wouldn't change a single thing, aesthetically, about the interior in those pictures. However, I'd have to drive one for a few days to have an opinion about ergonomics, comfort, and convenience.
The main complaint I have about it is that it enables people that are too lazy to learn stick to drive a real sports car. If someone is too lazy to learn how to control their car's transmission, they are probably too lazy to learn how to drive the car in other aspects. The fact that manual transmissions deter these people from buying the sports cars that have them often prevents terrible drivers from getting behind the wheel of a car with too much power (and thus one that is more dangerous to other drivers). Imagine a world where every terrible driver is behind the wheel of a fast car... that would be even worse than it already is.

Get ready to see 16 year olds with rich parents driving the NSX.

Last edited:
Here is one thing i do not get. Why not both transmissions offered? Maybe because it is hybrid and have never ever seen a hybrid with MT.

..... and have never ever seen a hybrid with MT.
CR-Z
WqZ0X4F.jpg

I also think the older Insight came in 5-speed manual.

A bit offtopic bu still ...

"
As of 2008, 75.2% of vehicles made in Western Europe were equipped with manual transmission, versus 16.1% with automatic and 8.7% with other.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manual_transmission
"

To compare the figures: in the street I live nobody has an automatic transmission that I know of. My father nor my mother never owned a car with automatic transmission, neither have I. My GF hasn't even driven one. When we were shopping for a new car this January her only condition was I have to buy a car with a manual transmission. So I did ;) ;) ;)

dsc0589.jpg

The only "automatic" car "we bought" was a company VW Passat Alltrack TDI which has only DSG dual clutch automatic option :)

As of 2008, 75.2% of vehicles made in Western Europe were equipped with manual transmission, versus 16.1% with automatic and 8.7% with other.
I believe the last report I read said less than 6% of vehicles sold in the US were manual. A major contrast

I think it has to do with what is pushed in driving school. In Europe people learn on MTs in North America on ATs. Why they all use ATs in driving school i really don't get it. I do not buy the multitasking need argument or the need for luxury since a cheap small engine heavy car with AT is nothing close of luxurious in that regard.

I am really at a loss when and why they became so ubiquitous in North America.

Wow. So much knowledge. I wish I knew as much about driving as the average forum member.

A bit offtopic bu still ...

"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manual_transmission
"

To compare the figures: in the street I live nobody has an automatic transmission that I know of. My father nor my mother never owned a car with automatic transmission, neither have I. My GF hasn't even driven one. When we were shopping for a new car this January her only condition was I have to buy a car with a manual transmission. So I did ;) ;) ;)

dsc0589.jpg

The only "automatic" car "we bought" was a company VW Passat Alltrack TDI which has only DSG dual clutch automatic option :)
In America it's pretty much the opposite. I have hardly known anyone that drove a manual transmission. There have been some friends that do/did, but not many.

Not sure if you guys have read this somewhere yet but new hope!!! No hybrid version!!

Attachments

• IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
Back