2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan Correction w/ Cquartz Finest

Got a response...definitely pricey...

Here's what he said:

I have been asked in the past to just do the coatings without a polishing step, that's not really an option.

What happens is all the swirls and scratches then get trapped under the coating and the coating then needs to be polished off, the paint corrected and the coating re-applied. More work down the road, and on top of that I take pride in my work, I do all the work myself and if someone says who coated your car and its full of swirls and scratches under the coating thats my name to it. I hope that makes sense.

A 1 step polishing job will generally remove anywhere from 80-90% of swirls and light scratches. One down fall is that the deeper issues then become more pronounced due to the smaller stuff being removed.

A wash, decon and 1 step correction is $300, Finest is $300. I always throw in extras too, a windshield coating, or tire coating, things that others charge extra for.

If more correction is needed or requested a heavier compounding step can be added before the polishing to remove 95+% of the damage, followed with the polishing step. The additional correction step would be an additional $300.

If you have ANY questions please let me know!

Thank you,

Greg Gellas

Owner

SignatureDetailing.com

So $900? That's a lot of dough. What does he mean by 'Finest is $300'?

He means that to add Finest to the package is $300. That includes the price of the product and application I would think. Most of the cars we do get a one step before Finest, since most of them are new, nut if your car is a little more beat up it may require a second step. His pricing is just about in line with ours as well.

Yeah that's what I was thinking I told him I'd go with a 1 step correction then the Finest coating which should be $600, sounds about right, right?

Having been a long term Honda guy....I suggested the 1 step as you should get 90+% correction with just the 1 step polishing. Nice soft paint :D

I spend alot of time on just a 1 step and then the coating. Adding the full correction adds another complete compounding step over the entire paint surface.

This was harder Audi paint with a 1 step polish. It isn't perfect but the correction rate is there.

DSC_0142_zpse1c4ab1a.jpg

DSC_0143_zps1e872ff8.jpg

Greg Gellas ;)

Last edited:
Having been a long term Honda guy....I suggested the 1 step as you should get 90+% correction with just the 1 step polishing. Nice soft paint :D

I spend alot of time on just a 1 step and then the coating. Adding the full correction adds another complete compounding step over the entire paint surface.

This was harder Audi paint with a 1 step polish. It isn't perfect but the correction rate is there.

DSC_0142_zpse1c4ab1a.jpg

DSC_0143_zps1e872ff8.jpg

Greg Gellas ;)

My man! You're on here! Great!! Like I said in the email I will be contacting you as soon as I'm ready to get this done :) I'm excited haha.

Back