ericc191's 2013 TW Si Sedan *7/9/14 Update*

ericc191

Dallas
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan

So I tried to do a build thread for my 06' Si and really didn't do much to the car. This time won't be any different, I suspect. Since the car has so few miles, I'd prefer to break it in a good bit before doing any engine work.

Pros and Cons coming from an '06:
+ A lot more torque (This is good. It makes the car feel a lot faster and requires less downshifting)
+ Refined interior inline with the competition (Bluetooth, gauges galore, high quality materials)
+ Back up camera
+ Fog lights standard
+ There's more I like, but you know how it is.. much easier to point out the cons lol so here goes
- 7K RPM (This can be debated - I love the torque, but miss the way the K20 would scream at 8200)
- The Subwoofer is much weaker
- Hydraulic clutch? (It's so soft and easily pressed.. I don't like it)
- Where's my little red LED that was next to the map light? I loved that light! (Cost saving measure, maybe)
- Ugly black engine cover - This is an Si. It should be silver like the 8th Gens!

Parts Installed:
- 2012 Wind Deflector (should prevent some rock chips messing up my hood)
- Transparent Amber and Smoke Tail Light Tint from Grafixpressions
- Transparent Yellow Fog Light Overlays from Grafixpressions
- XenonDepot Extreme Digital 3K HID Fogs (35w)
- Full LED conversion for all interior and exterior lights
- DIY Bumper Plug for hole in front of bumper from incompetent Honda employee
- AEM Cold Air Intake (selling soon - less than 500 miles - PM if interested)
- Custom shift boot fabric from Redline
- Hybrid Racing Shifter Cable Bushings and Base Bushings (Holy S***)
- Buddy Club Short Shifter
- Full Race Catless Downpipe

Parts Shipping:
- Replica UAE OEM Projectors with PNP Harness

Parts Pending order:
- PRL Short Ram Intake for stock Intake Manifold
- FlashPro and VitViper Ultimate eTune

Way down the line:
- Wheels and Tires (17in Rota Somethings in Bronze)
- HFP Suspension

5/26/13 Pic Update:
Just got my exLEDusa LEDs in and thought I would take a few shots!

Here's some shots of the stock fogs at night.

5/24/13 Update
Just installed my tail light and fog light tint! Looks great.
Before

Left one on!

Here is the difference in Light Smoke and Factory. Had I known it was going to be barely noticeable, I might have opted for the Dark Smoke

Fogs looking jacked up, but don't stress it! Won't be able to see these parts once reinstalled.

Required Stuff

Finished Product! These overlays block a LOT of the light output. I would recommend the HID kit with them. I'll show pics after my HID Fog kit arrives so y'all can compare.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. Sounds like a nice set of plans for your ride. :thumb:

Welcome! And that's a nice list of mods, subtle things will make a huge difference!

The ride is looking good. The clutch is normally hydraulic. You can change the clutch fluid to a dot4 and replace the line with SS then you'll notice a significant difference in feel. lol. And the 09-11 Si's have the black im covers. I personally like it black on my 07.

So if I change the fluid, that won't harm it? And where is this SS located?

Also, Does anyone know if the K&N factory air filter will increase the engine noise at all? I can't even notice the iVTEC cross over and all, lol! I am sure a louder intake noise would help in that department.

Also, Does anyone know if the K&N factory air filter will increase the engine noise at all? I can't even notice the iVTEC cross over and all, lol! I am sure a louder intake noise would help in that department.
I'm using a dot4 brake fluid as my clutch fluid and it's fine since the owner's manual mentioned that it can be used. The clutch line is located underneath the battery. And there's a thread about the drop-in-filter here: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/anyone-tried-the-k-n-drop-in-filter.3778/.

Sittin pretty while my friend and I watch a HS baseball game across from my house, lol. It's weird having a baseball field right outside my front door.

Ignore the mirrors! I pushed them in cause I didn't realize this generation added that feature back! If only they were heated too..

Last edited:
Alright got a small update just now. RedlineGoods doesn't currently have any 9th Gen products such as shift boots, armrests, ect. I'll be sending in all my parts to have them develop everything. Once that's done, I'll see if they want to setup some kind of group buys ect. I'll also be creating a write up on how to replace the arm rest fabric, shift boot fabric, and if possible the e-brake! I'll update on this matter as soon as I remove all the specified parts for shipment on Tuesday.

I posted this in another thread, but check out how sick that shift boot looks in my 06' Si courtesy of the awesome folks at RedlineGoods!

Last edited:
Well I just sent off my shift boot and armrest.. this is how she looks now...
2y4yvyzu.jpg

qygu7e5a.jpg

Poor beanie got owned

Last edited:
im thinking of getting a 13 sedan si and i currently have a 09 sedan si. and thats been the biggest thing im thinking of is the 7krpm to the 8k rpm i love it. but overall do you wish you could go back on getting it or are you more then happy on getting it?

im thinking of getting a 13 sedan si and i currently have a 09 sedan si. and thats been the biggest thing im thinking of is the 7krpm to the 8k rpm i love it. but overall do you wish you could go back on getting it or are you more then happy on getting it?

I am far and above happier that I am in the 2013. No regrets, just nitpicks. The car loses fun for refinement. That is what it boils down to. The torquey 2.4 is a much better daily driver. Just doesn't sound as AWESOME at wide open throttle..until you get some mods.

I say pull the trigger

i think ill wait till the 14 comes out then to the year end sales event and maybe get a really good deal on a 13 or 14 who knows the 14 could be as different as the 13 was from the 12. but thanks im really wanting to.

The 14 will be nearly identical to the 13 from what I've seen and read.

Love the beanie shift boot! hahahahah. I have a K&N drop in. The noise increase is very slight. I doubt you would notice it.
Haha thanks man. Picked that up at midnight with my limited edition copy at Wal-Mart.. was a fun night

Ah then I'll just wait for intake prices to drop. I just want to hear that cross over again! I miss it.

I swapped mine out with a K&N drop in and the VTEC crossover is more noticeable, also pulls a little better on the high end (not a huge change but a slight improvement).

Back