NBA Thread

The initial shoulder shove should have been reviewed, not the second one. I don't think those refs even looked at that.

It was classified as a banned substance the actual drug was never released I believe. And as far as last nights play there in the playoffs he's playing with strong emotion. That's just playoff basketball

Like I said. Regardless, he was never suspended for steroid use, which means it was an amphetamine. Aka coke, meth, heroin, etc.

I'm not even talking about last night. I'm talking about his entire career, where he has often had a bad attitude and has been a poor team mate. Arguing/ignoring coaches, fights with teammates, etc. And let's not forget the whole underage girl incident.

He's not someone I'd want on my team, period. The Heat were desperate for bigs, so they signed him. He has been very good for them this post season. Let's leave it at that.

Allow me to further confuse you webby. Who remembers the flagrant 2 that JJ Berea got for his "hard foul" on Ray Allen. We were just discussing the model citizen Ray Allen. He throws an elbow on JJ then Allen drives and JJ gives him a bump Allen clearly flops and begins making a huge deal of it. Point is if this happened on the playoffs no one is getting a flagrant 2. Playoff basketball the refs let them play

I like birdman, just cause he's an athlete getting $$ doesnt mean it was easy for him to stay out of trouble. Look at Lawrence Taylor from the Giants....you cant compare LT's salary to birdman's salary, that guy is damn near a senior citizen and is still a mess. Chris Anderson's story is similar to Josh Hamilton's.

No it's not. Not even close.

Josh Hamilton was a bonafide alcoholic and drug addict. He overcame his addictions and became one of the best in the world at what he does. He speaks out about his experiences in an attempt to help others. He hides/has removed tattoos that are a reminder of his past. He is deeply religious, and a great teammate. Chris Anderson is nothing like Josh Hamilton.

Allow me to further confuse you webby. Who remembers the flagrant 2 that JJ Berea got for his "hard foul" on Ray Allen. We were just discussing the model citizen Ray Allen. He throws an elbow on JJ then Allen drives and JJ gives him a bump Allen clearly flops and begins making a huge deal of it. Point is if this happened on the playoffs no one is getting a flagrant 2. Playoff basketball the refs let them play

If Birdman was a Pacer he would have likely been ejected and suspended for game 6. Since he played for the Heat, none of the above happened. That's the only problem I have with the situation. The NBA's immense bias for its star players and elite teams.

I'm not saying in terms of talent or how good they are as a teammate. Chris Anderson's talent level isn't even close to Josh Hamilton's. But it was stated that its easy to come back and behave because of how much they get paid, Chris Anderson and Josh Hamilton are examples of players that made wrong decisions but cleaned up and came back. No matter how he plays on the court, Chris Anderson has cleaned up. Tattoos? Who cares? He's definitely not the only player tatted like that in the NBA. Have you seen JR Smith? Kudos to Josh Hamilton for being a model citizen and trying to set an example. All I'm saying is Chris Anderson got his sh*t together and has stayed clean. It's not something easy to do especially when you have the money to do whatever the hell you want. Their stories are similar. Ever heard of Len Bias?? Golfer John Daly? Even Diego Maradona messed his career up due to cocaine. There's a huge list of athletes who have messed their careers up, even died in Len Bias' case, and not been able to come back.

Last edited:
If Birdman was a Pacer he would have likely been ejected and suspended for game 6. Since he played for the Heat, none of the above happened. That's the only problem I have with the situation. The NBA's immense bias for its star players and elite teams.
I disagree on the ejection I will agree that Miami gets thrown a bone by home court refs. I couldn't find a video of the ray Allen foul but my real point was the refs tend to let the players get away with a lot more in the playoffs.

But it was stated that its easy to come back and behave because of how much they get paid, Chris Anderson and Josh Hamilton are examples of players that made wrong decisions but cleaned up and came back. No matter how he plays on the court, Chris Anderson has cleaned up. Tattoos? Who cares? He's definitely not the only player tatted like that in the NBA. Have you seen JR Smith? Kudos to Josh Hamilton for being a model citizen and trying to set an example. All I'm saying is Chris Anderson got his sh*t together and has stayed clean. It's not something easy to do especially when you have the money to do whatever the hell you want. Their stories are similar. Ever heard of Len Bias?? Golfer John Daly? Even Diego Maradona messed his career up due to cocaine. There's a huge list of athletes who have messed their careers up, even died in Len Bias' case, and not been able to come back.

The difference is, Josh Hamilton was a severe addict, out of baseball, on the brink of death. Birdman was on an NBA roster throughout his entire drug stint. The level of addiction and damage the drugs did in the two cases are not even remotely similar. Birdman sounds like a guy who liked to recreationally use drugs, and got caught. Fortunately he did, because he very well could of ended up like any of the other athletes you mentioned.

No one said anything about Birdman's tattoos making him a bad person.

Like I said earlier,

Whatever it was, it was a serious drug. Props to him at least for staying away from that life.

Yea yea, all i hear are excuses....
Hibberts the biggest man in the freakin league, wow he blocked bosh gmafb..
The way the events happened consecutively is what made the play.

How is an example of Hibbert blocking Bosh an excuse? :confused:

Back