Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

My car is dead for the next while. Something went as I went into vtec going onto the highway Thursday night, it's running extremely rough and making a high pitched whining sound. Throwing error code "P1009 VTC Advance Malfunction." It's to do with the sensor on the intake cam, hoping its just a sensor, gotta check if the timing is off. If it is it could be the pulley or a stretched timing chain. Car has under 50k km's and all regular maintenance has been done, always use synthetic oil and the oil level is fine. I'm very unimpressed.

My car is dead for the next while. Something went as I went into vtec going onto the highway Thursday night, it's running extremely rough and making a high pitched whining sound. Throwing error code "P1009 VTC Advance Malfunction." It's to do with the sensor on the intake cam, hoping its just a sensor, gotta check if the timing is off. If it is it could be the pulley or a stretched timing chain. Car has under 50k km's and all regular maintenance has been done, always use synthetic oil and the oil level is fine. I'm very unimpressed.

Ouch. That sucks. Any mods at all?

Ouch. That sucks. Any mods at all?
Yeah it's a 2010, have HR CAI, J35 Tb, Vibrant header w/ HFC, FR Exhaust and tuned with flashpro. So hands down on a stock car this would be under warranty but Honda will probably try to screw me, even though this shouldn't be happening regardless of the mods.

Yeah it's a 2010, have HR CAI, J35 Tb, Vibrant header w/ HFC, FR Exhaust and tuned with flashpro. So hands down on a stock car this would be under warranty but Honda will probably try to screw me, even though this shouldn't be happening regardless of the mods.

Yeah that why I'm so hesitant to do any engine mods while under warranty.

Yesterday I took my interior apart and ran my power and remote cables for my amp and sub that I had left over from my last car. Thankfully the amp has high level inputs which made it a little easier. Also gave her a quick wash.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0205.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    929.5 KB · Views: 38
Si: Stared at it sitting in the driveway literally covered in cobwebs and thought "I should drive you today"

Exploder/Explorer: Drove Gene to PATH and drove on grass, sidewalks, etc to get out of traffic in Harrison and wished I could find a decent trans for the damn thing

Last edited:
Got my performance alignment done this morning. Took the guy 3 hours but he got it spot on to what I asked for.

Prior settings were done by hand and digital level/ruler: We had trouble getting the toe done properly so I knew it was way off.

Front:
Camber - L&R were both at -0.4
L toe was -0.55
R toe was -0.39

Rear:
L @ -0.7 toe 0.23
R @ -1.1 toe 0.31

After:

Front: L&R both at -1.3 toe 0.09. As close to 0 as the guy could get on the toe setting.

Rear: L&R @ -0.8 and toe is 0.10 and 0.07. Best he could get with old corroded bolts. Not bad.

I'm expecting the rear camber to increase as the springs settle. I bought the 3yr. unlimited alignment package so I can go back a few times until it's all settled in and perfect. Not bad for $180. About $60/hr which is cheaper than the labor rate at the dealer.

I finished up blackening out the front as well as the chrome on the back including the H. I balanced out the Si on the back with the red Civic overlay.

I apologize for the dirty car. It won't stop raining long enough to clean it up.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Back