Summer Tire Package

9000 RPM

Brooklyn NY
anyone here mind sharing their experience with the OEM summer tire package?

Particularly how they compare to the OEM all seasons.

Thanks.

thanks Webby, by posting their names like that are they notified of the tags or should I message them?

picking up my Si tomorrow and it's a summer tire package model.

Anything is better than the stock all season tires. I didn't have the HPT option, but for $200ish at time of purchase, it's worth it IMO, especially since swapping to summers is gonna be about $800 if you do it later.

You'll still prob need winters for NYS drving.

For me it's $454 more spread over 3 years.

For some reason the summer tire model residualizes $200 some odd dollars less than the base model.

Thanks for the insight I just wanted to know how they stack up against self purchased summer tires and oem all seasons.

I'll be sourcing oem 16's for the winter here in NYC from around Thanksgivig to Easter.

anyone here mind sharing their experience with the OEM summer tire package?

Particularly how they compare to the OEM all seasons.

Thanks.
I have the summer tire package. sometimes I wish I didn't. they are really good tires,Very sticky (Michelin pilot sport 3's) but cant have all that much fun with them. with injen cai,skunk2 catback and tuned on flashpro they will spin all 1st and maybe a 1/4 way through 2nd gear and that's it

cool thanks, I'll be doing boltons on this one as well.
haha no problem, but I guess to answer your question, im sure whatever summer tire is included it will be a very good tire. mine have grip for days, ive heard people complain about road noise with the pilot sport 3's, I personally wouldn't give a crap I cant hear my tires cause I always have loud exhausts. plus I wouldn't be the one to judge either cause I have my tires stretched and im sure that changes the noise characteristics . I do wish I got the navi instead :/

No summer tire package cars were available. Ended up ordering re-11 in 225/45/17 from tire rack and selling the old (new) all seasons as they only had 200 miles on them. Ended up paying a delta of 300 bucks which I thought was worth the upgrade.

haha no problem, but I guess to answer your question, im sure whatever summer tire is included it will be a very good tire. mine have grip for days, ive heard people complain about road noise with the pilot sport 3's, I personally wouldn't give a crap I cant hear my tires cause I always have loud exhausts. plus I wouldn't be the one to judge either cause I have my tires stretched and im sure that changes the noise characteristics . I do wish I got the navi instead :/
There's a back story to me getting this SOP w/summer tire package.

Initially I was gonna get a RR on Wednesday but the dealer banged it up the day it was to be delivered to my leasing company. So they only had a black one available, which I didn't want.

I went to Cars.com and did an Si search and found this SOP listed at $25k which I got excited because I thought it was the navi version. So my leasing company called them up to verify Nav or no Nav and it was no Nav, we asked why they listed at $25k, they said it was the summer package.

So we set it up for that dealer (Madison Honda in NJ) to swap with the other dealer (Planet Honda) the black for the orange.

So here I am back into an orange Si sedan which I'm happy. I didn't pay $25k either for anyone interested, got it for $500 under invoice with a $14.8k residual.

No summer tire package cars were available. Ended up ordering re-11 in 225/45/17 from tire rack and selling the old (new) all seasons as they only had 200 miles on them. Ended up paying a delta of 300 bucks which I thought was worth the upgrade.

That's a great bargain. As I mentioned me getting this is costing mid $400, but that's all good IMO I'm happy with that.

Back