Godspeed Camber Arm Owners - Beware

I rotated the tires today and checked on the arms. I didn't remove them bc I was feeling lazy. After a few weeks, the washers are still keeping the bushings sit very snug. No more clunking noise!

Good news. I rotated my tires today but still haven't bought the correct size washers. The Home Depot near my house doesn't sell the correct size. I'm beginning to hear some slight clunking noise though.

My camber arms will be using MOOG bushings real soon. :D (These are from work. I cannot sell them.) I need to find the proper sized bearing/sleeve though (sleeve in the pic is too short). GSP sleeves wont fit.
IMG_2216_zps86aba38d.jpg

IMG_2210_zps7ca067c2.jpg

Lol. I'd get in trouble. I told my company that these will be used for "Field Testing".

I found a better material bushing for my GSP arms. It is relatively close to polyurethane in terms of material property. I'll be able to use the existing GSP sleeves for these bushings as well. I think this will only fit the one end of the arms bc these bushings will be too thick for the other end (chassis side). These are available in black and blue. Of course I took the blue ones.
IMG_2219_zps0dbfbdb5.jpg

IMG_2220_zpsbb6203f6.jpg

IMG_2223_zps37120b30.jpg

These are also much much better than the MOOG bushings.

Not hard at all. You can use a flat head screw driver to pry out the old bushings and use a work bench clamp to put the new ones in, as well as the sleeve. If you have the washers, you're golden. I'm just trying out different bushing materials bc I can't help it. :giggle:

Not hard at all. You can use a flat head screw driver to pry out the old bushings and use a work bench clamp to put the new ones in, as well as the sleeve. If you have the washers, you're golden. I'm just trying out different bushing materials bc I can't help it. :giggle:

And teasing us with pictures :tiny violin:

These camber arms are for 8thgens and 9thgens. You'll need to find the right bushings with the same dimensions pretty much.

These bushings are used for 1988-1998 Ford F-Superduty and 1985-1998 F-350. I want to confirm that the ones I have fit before you guys start buying these. The ones I have are being sold by MOOG. But the red ones should be just as good and are about half the price. The sleeves in these kits are too small. You can use the GSP ones.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.co...ame&Sec=3997&gclid=CL2GmoPdvroCFQif4AodwDkAEw
K80034_lg.png

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-4-7115r?seid=srese1&gclid=CJ-DwcvcvroCFYSd4AodkF4AVw
ens-4-7115r_xl.jpg

Again. Wait for a confirmation before you guys start buying these.

I did a test fit last Friday. These bushings were getting over compressed and were a few millimeters too wide. However, they can be shaved using a Dremel tool using a sanding bit. I'll try to shave off 1mm per bushing and see if that will work.

I did a test fit last Friday. These bushings were getting over compressed and were a few millimeters too wide. However, they can be shaved using a Dremel tool using a sanding bit. I'll try to shave off 1mm per bushing and see if that will work.
did it work ? Or did you find a better fitting bushing ?

I haven't been able to do anything bc of the cold weather.

Back