How to Disable GPS

StayShiny

Hi All,

First post here, although I've lurked for a few weeks and appreciate all the great photos and shared knowledge. I have a 2013 Coupe and enjoy it very much, but have a nagging question re: Navi system.

Specifically: HOW DO I DISABLE GPS? I don't use it at all, my car is almost exclusively for inner-city commute, and I resent having my location tracked and displayed for no good reason. There must be an easy way to disconnect and/or disable it, but I don't see it in the documentation. Is there a technical person who can advise? TIA from Canada.

Sell the gps unit/swap it with someone who has the standard radio? Any reason you bought the navigation model if you didn't want to use it?

Sell the gps unit/swap it with someone who has the standard radio? Any reason you bought the navigation model if you didn't want to use it?
Doesn't the nav model come with other stuff you can't have without buying the nav? I don't remember since I didn't get that model.

Thanks for the replies. The NAV system came part & parcel with this particular car, which I bought through a year-end promotion plus an unusually good trade-in for my old Acura RSX, which was almost pristine. (I take good care of my babies.) I didn't really know what to expect with the new NAV, but now that I've had ample time to tinker with it, I can say with confidence that I would not bother with it again. Frankly, the amount that Honda charges for it seems audacious.
Just put some tinfoil over it.
Ha! But seriously, I am going to keep asking around. Really, what I would like is the ability to toggle different menu items so they no longer appear, starting with satellite radio and GPS. For starters, I'd like to do away with GPS.

Rgds

wanna straight swap? i have a lx

never mind you have a 13 i have a 12

Back