2012+ R18 FlashPro

im waiting till everyone gets this to see if i will buy or not. i wanna see longer term effects because i plan on having this car for a while. i just wanna get more out of my bolt ons too.

im waiting till everyone gets this to see if i will buy or not. i wanna see longer term effects because i plan on having this car for a while. i just wanna get more out of my bolt ons too.
@Nix or @Dar-Dar may be able to comment. I know the r18 flashpro for the 8th gen has been out for a few years. There are boosted r18s running it.

Yeah, there are definitely some guys who have been running turbo setups, on automatics even, for quite a while without issue. I'm sure the 5-speed guys are in an even better position since they can swap clutches to handle more power. The stock stuff is pretty darn strong though. I don't think anyone has had transmission issues yet either from what I've read. Most issues seem to be maintenance and keeping the turbo itself running.

A lot of the turbo threads seem to have issues with leaks and fittings not staying tight. Also the manifolds were or are cracking welds. Same with the only available intake manifold from weapon-R. The only real thing that held me back was cost. For $5-8K to make 180hp? At that cost I could trade for an Si and have that power already. The Jackson Supercharger does seem like a pretty good option if they can get over 200hp for less than $5k. That's sort of my sticking point.

For the automatic guys, if you do manage to blow up your torque converter you can get a custom one built by Level 10. They are located in northern NJ. I have actually driven by this place and it's a pretty nice looking operation. I don't know why their website has such a screwy address though.

http://ujue5.xspw3.servertrust.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=28

Honda specialty section.

I would not trust their "Mr.Flash" program.

lmao mr flash.

ill def do it a little down the road but i wont be going f/i because 4-5k is a nice down payment on my dream s2k :)

Yeah, I mean you can definitely turn up the boost and make serious power. I just remember some of the guys were hitting 180's initially without doing some serious custom work. If it was like ~220/250 range I think it might be worth looking into but again over $5k and thats a nice down payment on something with more power anyway.

If you really want big power then you'll probably need to look into a custom intake manifold and the plastic one can't handle a ton of pressure. Also a performance cam and valves/springs/pistons/rods which will all be pretty much custom as well. I think gato performance does make custom IM's for the R18. I know of at least 2 they've made so thats a start and Perky Tuning is working on cams and the guy who owns that shop is an R18 owner I believe. So he's pretty reliable for a flashpro tune once its out.

another thing is tuning where do i go to do it?

with flashpro it can be all done over the internets. You drive, make datalogs, send them to tuner, tuner makes adjustments, load new tune, drive more, repeat until happy.

how much is the average tune session?

Yeah, f/i would definitley be the same as a nice down payment on something else. But since im still in school, I just want to make my R18 the best it can be. I wont need a new car for at least another 5+ years so I want this one to be awesome. My next car will definitly be older though, i want something that already has tons of aftermarket support

how much is the average tune session?
from vit -
N/A Ultimate Tune for $150
Forced Induction Ultimate Tune for $180

If you take it to a dyno shop... 300+ dollars for a single session is not out of the question. Most people have to go back to have it tweaked too.

Yeah, f/i would definitley be the same as a nice down payment on something else. But since im still in school, I just want to make my R18 the best it can be. I wont need a new car for at least another 5+ years so I want this one to be awesome. My next car will definitly be older though, i want something that already has tons of aftermarket support
s2000 for me bro

from vit -
N/A Ultimate Tune for $150
Forced Induction Ultimate Tune for $180

If you take it to a dyno shop... 300+ dollars for a single session is not out of the question. Most people have to go back to have it tweaked too.
that isnt as bad as i thought

Back