trustdestruction's '12 Si FB6 Build

You can really feel and hear the difference with this Takeda intake. It sounds amazing and I can feel a definite power gain especially in the mid range RPMs.

Really wasn't expecting this kind of response from just changing the intake. I'm so used to the 90's SOHC D series small engines that don't respond to I/H/E

Reactions: 323
Just drove to work. Still so impressed with this intake. The results are way more than I anticipated.

I can feel myself losing a little traction under heavy acceleration in low to mid-RPMs. That's crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Really wasn't expecting this kind of response from just changing the intake. I'm so used to the 90's SOHC D series small engines that don't respond to I/H/E
That's exactly why I'm reluctant to install the intake/headers/exhaust combo. This is my fourth Civic and none of the previous 3 showed any noticeable gains other than noise.
So the intake makes that much of a difference huh? Does it make a whistling noise when you're pushing the gas pedal lightly? Or does it only make noise under heavy throttle?

That's exactly why I'm reluctant to install the intake/headers/exhaust combo. This is my fourth Civic and none of the previous 3 showed any noticeable gains other than noise.
So the intake makes that much of a difference huh? Does it make a whistling noise when you're pushing the gas pedal lightly? Or does it only make noise under heavy throttle?
Just drove to work. Still so impressed with this intake. The results are way more than I anticipated.

I can feel myself losing a little traction under heavy acceleration in low to mid-RPMs. That's crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Idk about a whistle but you can still hear the difference under light throttle. The engine is overall just louder and throatier.

Well, the last piece of the puzzle (for now) has been ordered. Progress 22mm rear swaybar. My only remaining future mod that I have planned is the Strut King dead pedal, but it's not yet available for purchase.

Maybe i'll do a Full Race exhaust, downpipe, and Flashpro/tune in the future. Sometime the warranty is up I may do a supercharger.

Installed today. Didn't get many pics because my hands were so greasy and I was in a rush. Took almost 2 hours including prep and putting tools away. I've done a sway bar before and read the DIY, but I had a bolt with stripped threads holding on the under covering so that added time. Plus the moog end links and ES bushings took a little extra.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376701987.862270.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376702010.042860.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376702137.259491.jpg

And the progress sticker on my toolbox
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376702106.245021.jpg

It doesn't hurt to try, but the 2013's rsb is bigger.

It doesn't hurt to try, but the 2013's rsb is bigger.
Hmm, I may have an advantage trying to sell… I have the bushing brackets for the LX/EX that came with my progress sway bar (that I of course did not need).

Created a FS thread, $50 shipped. Everything i'm selling is $85 shipped new from Majestic Honda, and that still wouldn't include the EX/LX adapter brackets.

Last edited:
Hey I think I just saw you about 15 mins ago.. You turned at lowes and I kept going straight, I was in a 4 dr red Si. The car looks good man!

Ah man I didn't look at this thread for a while.... what's goin on with the car? any new stuff?

Haha yeah that was me, I saw you but didn't know it was you.

Thanks, yours too! What exhaust is that?

Lol thanks man I was like I've seen that car on 9th civic before... Its a fullrace catted downpipe and 3" fullrace catback exhaust.

Ah man I didn't look at this thread for a while.... what's goin on with the car? any new stuff?

Nah nothing new. I'm done for a while. I want full race exhaust, catted Downpipe, a supercharger, and flash pro. But those are all very expensive so I'm going to probably wait until my warranty is up before I do most of those.

Lol thanks man I was like I've seen that car on 9th civic before... Its a fullrace catted downpipe and 3" fullrace catback exhaust.
Nice, that's pretty much exactly what I want to get on mine

Back