Black 2012 Si Sedan

thanks bro! check my build for the exhaust mount and modification that I did to make it work. You can also message the seller on ebay and get that mount specifically for cheaper

Yeah I did some searching before I bought my exhaust and, in hindsight, I should've just ordered and installed everything all at once. Oh well.

Yeah I did some searching before I bought my exhaust and, in hindsight, I should've just ordered and installed everything all at once. Oh well.
Lmao, how do you like it? Mine is so quiet thinking about getting a full race catless dp down the road

Lmao, how do you like it? Mine is so quiet thinking about getting a full race catless dp down the road

hey man none of those links you're sending me are working :(

Just picked up a new project...the 9th will probably be getting kicked out of the garage soon

11806212425_9b77712192_b.jpg

I just did the same exhaust set-up on my 12Si. Have you noticed a hissing sound under large amounts of load coming from around where the cat used to be? I have checked mine for exhaust leaks and there are none.

I just did the same exhaust set-up on my 12Si. Have you noticed a hissing sound under large amounts of load coming from around where the cat used to be? I have checked mine for exhaust leaks and there are none.

Yeah I have that was well and have no leaks. A quick search shows that this is common for downpipe equipped 9thgens.

Hey guys...long time no talk! Anyway, here are the videos that some people were requesting. In my opinion, it's louder in person. Then again, it could just be my worn ear drums (played and toured with a handful of punk/hardcore bands and still go to shows). I didn't really start wearing ear plugs until my mid-twenties, which is a big mistake.

Enough chit-chat, here are the videos. One is cruising, one is fly by, and one in car pull.

Cheers guys. I'd like to make some changes to the car soon, particularly a new wheel setup and finally a track day (been putting it off cause of work). But I'll be honest -- ever since I've bought the EF, I've been focusing a lot of time and energy building that car. Soon!

thanks man, i appreciate it. do it -- 235's are perfect on this setup.

9303760843_90bfbaa805_c.jpg

9306544730_99af8fe837_c.jpg

9303761433_c6ff077425_c.jpg
Your build is awesome!...exactly what Im going for.

I've bee contemplating for so long on what wheels to get between the RPF1's or TSW Nurburgring...but I thought 17x8 RPF1 might look small, and I didn't really like the "bubbled out" spokes, prefer the 9" wide, so they're flat, but i don't want to roll fenders or rub....but your build has sold me on them, your car makes the 17x8 look amazing and I actually don't mind the 8" wide ones now that I'm seeing them in the 35 offset.

Just hope they look just as awesome on my Taffeta White Si. :)

Again big Props!!!

Had time to do the fronts this morning with my friend before heading out to work later this afternoon. Decided to just cut up the fender liner instead of ripping it out.

11241898735_88a038b338_c.jpg

Here's where it was rubbing under hard cornering :vtec: --

11241900565_b022817bbf_c.jpg

11242012643_3d09dbf049_c.jpg

Cut the section that showed wear out, heated up the tab on the fender itself, then rolled it over by hand. Took it out for a quick drive and it seems to be alright now. I'm sure there are better ways to do this, but like I said earlier, I wanted to keep the liners.

Just curious, were you rubbing quite often on your daily commutes?...you're the first person I've read on these forums to have rubbing issues with 17x8. I was planning on using my stock tires of 215/45 and sticking with those sizes in the future as well....maybe 225/45. Do you think it would rub then?...are you only rubbing because of the 235's? (FYI...I'm currently lowered on Tein Street Basis @ 1.5 drop...or 2 finger gap)

Thanks!

P.S. Now I just need to decide on silver or Gold RPF1's...haha.

how are those god speed coilovers? how low can you go? how do they feel?

Your build is awesome!...exactly what Im going for.

I've bee contemplating for so long on what wheels to get between the RPF1's or TSW Nurburgring...but I thought 17x8 RPF1 might look small, and I didn't really like the "bubbled out" spokes, prefer the 9" wide, so they're flat, but i don't want to roll fenders or rub....but your build has sold me on them, your car makes the 17x8 look amazing and I actually don't mind the 8" wide ones now that I'm seeing them in the 35 offset.

Just hope they look just as awesome on my Taffeta White Si. :)

Again big Props!!!
Thank you thank you. Yeah, I was contemplating 9's as well, but I think that a 235 on a 9 doesn't look right. Of course, that's my opinion. I've said before in this thread, I want to eventually run a 9 up front with something like a 255.

Just curious, were you rubbing quite often on your daily commutes?...you're the first person I've read on these forums to have rubbing issues with 17x8. I was planning on using my stock tires of 215/45 and sticking with those sizes in the future as well....maybe 225/45. Do you think it would rub then?...are you only rubbing because of the 235's? (FYI...I'm currently lowered on Tein Street Basis @ 1.5 drop...or 2 finger gap)
Thanks!
P.S. Now I just need to decide on silver or Gold RPF1's...haha.

I only rubbed when making aggressive turns where there was a level change in between. Other than that, there were no issues rubbing. I just took the precautionary step by rolling the fenders since I have access to one. The rubbing itself wasn't on anything other than the plastic tab that sits at the very center of the fender liner (at least in my case).

how are those god speed coilovers? how low can you go? how do they feel?

As far as how low they go, I cannot honestly say. However, at my current ride height, there is plenty of room left. Hell, at my ride height, I'm about 3/4's of the way to the top up front. I'm sure you can get these as low as you want. I'd suggest running camber bolts in the front though. The top hats are a pain in the *** to get to when it comes time to get a proper alignment.

Thanks again man exhaust is great super quiet but clean sounding when u had it paired with the DP was it super loud or mellow and was it real raspy? @Safe Gabe

Back