how much do i need to lower the car?

samRai

CERRITOS, CA.
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan
thinking to buy just the lowering spring. but i always use the freeway. 1 inch? i'm a bit worried, I don't wanna buy the wrong springs. thanks

Depends on the look you want but, prokits are a good all around choice. I ran them for a while. Lots of people are also running the H&R springs. Another good choice at about 10% stiffer spring rates.

If you want a whole suspension change get the HFP kit from College Hills Honda and pick up a 22mm Progress Rear Sway Bar. That's a great handling combination. You can always swap the springs later and still have a really nice hybrid setup with that strut.

What's your budget and how low do you wanna go?

If you have the money a Koni based coilover setup is wicked. Tein, megan, D2, BC,.... and so on all make a couple of relatively inexpensive coilover setups that you can adjust the ride height on.

Depends on the look you want but, prokits are a good all around choice. I ran them for a while. Lots of people are also running the H&R springs. Another good choice at about 10% stiffer spring rates.

If you want a whole suspension change get the HFP kit from College Hills Honda and pick up a 22mm Progress Rear Sway Bar. That's a great handling combination. You can always swap the springs later and still have a really nice hybrid setup with that strut.

What's your budget and how low do you wanna go?

If you have the money a Koni based coilover setup is wicked. Tein, megan, D2, BC,.... and so on all make a couple of relatively inexpensive coilover setups that you can adjust the ride height on.
not yet ready to get the coil over. for now i'll check the spring and the rear sway bar. cause i need to save more for the wheels... still running with the steels...lol Thank you bro. also another one? the front sway it's fine right? cause i think the 2013 model HONDA make it a bit thicker?

not yet ready to get the coil over. for now i'll check the spring and the rear sway bar. cause i need to save more for the wheels... still running with the steels...lol Thank you bro. also another one? the front sway it's fine right? cause i think the 2013 model HONDA make it a bit thicker?
i'll check college hills honda. thanks again

People have said si springs on lx etc didn't really lower the car because the rates are stiffer. I'm not sure what would happen if you tried the hfp suspension on the lx.

I recently installed the pro-kit and love it. I had them on my 12' EX and had some squeaking in the back; never did figure out why. I installed them myself on my 12' Si and haven't had any new noises. I do find that something in the front scrapes on extreme speed bumps, but I haven't checked what yet. I have a feeling it's my mud guards though. I may be removing them if that's what's scraping. The ride on the pro-kit is great and the look is awesome. Just enough drop to look more aggressive, but still retain the factory ride comfort. Good luck!

+1 on the mudguards. I have eibach pro kits. We have old school speed bumps in my parking garage at work. Too fast and the guards scrape.

People have said si springs on lx etc didn't really lower the car because the rates are stiffer. I'm not sure what would happen if you tried the hfp suspension on the lx.
thanks for giving me idea. i'll check the HFP, for non Si.

Last edited:
I recently installed the pro-kit and love it. I had them on my 12' EX and had some squeaking in the back; never did figure out why. I installed them myself on my 12' Si and haven't had any new noises. I do find that something in the front scrapes on extreme speed bumps, but I haven't checked what yet. I have a feeling it's my mud guards though. I may be removing them if that's what's scraping. The ride on the pro-kit is great and the look is awesome. Just enough drop to look more aggressive, but still retain the factory ride comfort. Good luck!
yes, pro-kit is on the top of my list. thanks bro.

+1 on the mudguards. I have eibach pro kits. We have old school speed bumps in my parking garage at work. Too fast and the guards scrape.
thanks for the warning. i'm a bit worried about my muffler. I got the Tsudo and i scrape it one time at the gas station near my house and my car is not low. well maybe slow and sideways driving will do.

Back