From 8thGen to 9thGen

Str8JDM

Whats going on 9thGen Community. I guess this will be my new home. For the past 6 years ive owned a 2008 Civic Si Sedan. I went on a long journey with her from owning one of the first full race turbo kits, then building the motor/tranny, and all the fun stuff. I went way too hard on her for a daily driven car, so i decided to give her up in July 2013. Drove a 2005 Acura TL for about 6 months and now im back in a 2013 Civic Si Sedan. And the new journey begins...

build thread from my 8th Gen
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/turbocharging/262206-str8jdm-round-2-run-10s-honda-day.html

942973_10201385951471477_524741889_n_zps71ca5e8e.jpg

And my new 9thGen, 2013 Dyno Blue with Navigation Package

72957_10202840152665598_1171737719_n_zps9fb520c7.jpg

looking good man :) what you got planned for it?

I went way too hard on her for a daily driven car, so i decided to give her up in July 2013.
welcome to the forum... what does ^ mean? Too much boost? Killer 8th build. Plans for your 9th?

Welcome!
Do you think you'll go the same route with your 9th now?
It would be a great build.

welcome to the forum... what does ^ mean? Too much boost? Killer 8th build. Plans for your 9th?

by going to hard i meant building a 600whp daily driver. its really not practical to drive everyday. dont get me wrong, the car was fun and fast as hell. but with 85A mounts, a crazy cam, crazy clutch and a 3.5" exhaust, i dreaded getting in it everyday to do normal errands. it was loud, vibrated like a motha, and just uncomfortable.

plans for this as of now is just to do the basic bolt ons. i will not turbo this car. i will work on bolt ons, then in the near future "if" im going to do anything it will probably be the supercharger route. My brother has a Jackson Racing Supercharger on his 2008 Civic Si Sedan. its mild, but fun to drive everyday. just enough pep without overdoing it...

@Sleepingpanda went with the comptech sc on his. Flashpro is available from hondata, so the sky is the limit with mods.

Build
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/hi-everyone-im-sleepingpanda-part-2-lol.5584/

ya the supercharger is really fun. i love my brothers car, probably more than my turbo car which made double the power hes at. its just more practical to drive daily. plus they make power! do an aftecooler kit, bigger inlet and throttlebody, you can see 350whp easy. plenty for the street...

thanks for the link

Back