Anyone else having battery issues?

Hmmm ill be looking out for my letter then....just wierd that a battery barely lasts 2yrs...ill have my car checked out at my shop that I work at before checking with honda

Welp just decided to bite the bulllet and got a battery..good thing I work at shop. Turns out the OEM battery was leaking

The letter posted by another member said it applied to a certain vin range of 2012's. I'm not sure if any 2013 owners have experienced the same thing. Did Acura give you a new battery?
My '12 Si battery was dying after 12 months and when I took it in to dealer, they said there were no charging bulletins for my vin. They also ran the lights for 5 mins with engine off. Dead. So they replaced it. To me that means that my car charges ok but the batteries suck. I'll be back every year for 60 mo's (extended warranty) for new batteries, then buy a yellow on my own dime. Because I have flashpro, I don't want them flashing the ecu with an update anyway.

Been about a couple weeks my car has died off and on. I figured it was a battery issue and I went to get it checked several places and my battery rating is still very good. One of the mechanics at the dealership said it might be cause the battery doesn't have enough power to start due to the compression ratio. Idk how much of that I should believe.

Yesterday my car died again, tried to jump it 5 times and no start. When I turn the key, it just makes clicking noises. I just met up with my friends a little bit ago and we checked it. My starter is out. I've been checking online and I can't seem to find actual prices of how much starters cost for our cars. If anybody knows how much they go for, it'd be much appreciated.

Yall should get your starters checked out too..that could possibly be an issue as well!

Been about a couple weeks my car has died off and on. I figured it was a battery issue and I went to get it checked several places and my battery rating is still very good. One of the mechanics at the dealership said it might be cause the battery doesn't have enough power to start due to the compression ratio. Idk how much of that I should believe.

Yesterday my car died again, tried to jump it 5 times and no start. When I turn the key, it just makes clicking noises. I just met up with my friends a little bit ago and we checked it. My starter is out. I've been checking online and I can't seem to find actual prices of how much starters cost for our cars. If anybody knows how much they go for, it'd be much appreciated.

Yall should get your starters checked out too..that could possibly be an issue as well!

For starters.......... Isn't your car under warranty? I'm guessing

For starters.......... Isn't your car under warranty? I'm guessing
Mr car has 51.5k on the odo...I just went out of warranty lol. Although there was some talk about the starter being under powertrain warranty?

Mr car has 51.5k on the odo...I just went out of warranty lol. Although there was some talk about the starter being under powertrain warranty?

Let's hope...... Also if it's a fault of the cars charging system that lead to the starter going out, you may have some recourse in that direction...

Anyway, as far as cost, it could be an electric or mechanical problem which could vary in price.

Anyway, as far as cost, it could be an electric or mechanical problem which could vary in price.
Hopefully it will be able to be covered for warranty repairs...I found out the actual starter assembly costs $470 + tax.

Just got back from dealership. They updated my ecu and changed my battery for a new one. :)

Bad news is my fog lights don't work anymore. I'm hoping it's just a bad connection to the power wire on the new battery.

Last edited:
***UPDATE***
I had my car towed to the dealership and they had a look at it and ran tests. Turns out it was a bad cell in my battery. That was what was causing the start up failure. I asked them about doing the battery testing a couple weeks prior to the car dying and they had no solid answer. Also asked them about why my car wouldn't jump start regardless of the bad cell and they blamed the jumper cables I was using for the cables not being big enough to transfer the current. Soooo all in all it turns out it was a bad cell in my battery, my starter is completely fine. I did end up paying for the towing and the new battery since the warranty didn't go through. $180 outta pocket...not too bad. Could've been worse. I'm just glad to have my car back up and running.

FYI... "8 gauge" is the minimum (Smaller the #, the thicker the wire).

I Googled to see if a too small wire wouldn't work, but never saw a direct answer.

FYI... "8 gauge" is the minimum (Smaller the #, the thicker the wire).

I Googled to see if a too small wire wouldn't work, but never saw a direct answer.
While camping we had to boost a car with speaker wire. If speaker wire can work, then booster cables were not at fault for the car^^ not starting. Haha

Back