13 DBP Si Sedan Custom Audio Upgrade

we were going to run from the radio side pinouts but decided since we had the speakers out anyway for replace that we just ran 2 sets of speaker wire to the back. We did 1 set from the factory speaker wires to the cleansweep and 1 pair back to the front for each speaker from the amplifier. Running bridged on 4 of the amp channels for front stage components and running 1 channel to rear deck.
yesterday we finished the amp rack and powered it up. Had another guy come over to the shop with otoscope(sp?) and find max volume prior to clipping and then tune everything in at each frequency range. the mids and highs sound freaking amazing. the music is so vibrant and colorful it is unbelievable. Monday we will get started on the sub box. hopefully monday night we will get it all buttoned up and finished. more pics of the work in progress to follow. it has been a really fun project.

Yyyyyyyeeeessss ssssiiiirrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kkkiiicckkassssss man so i wanna put nav unit up front dynamat everything and upgrade existing stock sub
Maybe cut out and add a square sub like urself!!!!!!!!!! Lol kicker makes a little 300 watt amp that will power alittle sub no problem!!!!!! Man so jealous lol nicely done youll :0) i know who to get ahold of for tip when i get my install under way lol

sorry for the slow down in the build. been really busy at work and not much time to work on it. Snow, work, sleep, etc get in the way. So we built out the sealed enclosure as above to JL spec. Been running them for about a week to break them in. Not real happy with what the subs are producing and I know I can make them do serious work. I am right at the cusp of warranty per JL on the power side xd600/1 mono for each w6. I'm beating them up but the box is constricting. It is super super clean but these subs should feel like i am getting punched in the back of the head when that kick drum hits. I am mostly metal/rock so the sealed enclosure would provide the cleanest sound. We threw the subs in a prefab tuned ported box today just for giggles. Coming through the backseats the normal mud of a ported enclosure wasn't noticeable at all with heavy load. So now the story will change and the box design is scrapped. We are going to do a fourth order bandpass. <not the stocky airy muddy nasty bandpass you normally see. Benefit of sealed, benefit of ported and all dialed in a with a spec tuned port. Given the measurements requirements etc, JL Audio is actually providing some specs for the build design we are moving toward. We should have them from JL on Monday or Tuesday and start working on the build. For the amount of cash I have sunk into this we can't let these subs not do serious serious work. We are planning on using the factory sub location for the tuned port to vent into the vehicle.
Have any of you ever done 4th order before in your civic? I would be interested to hear your experiences.

Killer looking setup. Can't wait to see how it all turns out when you make your changes.

Blah. Slow progress. Some movement today actually. The fourth order bandpass is a task. JL Audio engineers have been super cool providing specs for the build. They only publish specs for W6 sub's in a sealed enclosure. We approached them about the fourth order and they put some digits to it and emailed some specs. Good guys down there. More pics soon.

huzupeqe.jpg

I didn't fall of the map but damn i haven't posted since March...........now i am even more pissed! I have been riding around listening to **** since ******* March? Well...........my boy, buddy of 15 years, has just totally bailed on me. As noted above the sealed enclosure just wasn't it. The subs were starving to do more and I knew they had more in them. My buddy was supposed to be working on a 4th order. after waiting and waiting and dropping my car off many many days to him with no work done at the end of the day I finally said screw it and told him when he was ready to work on it to call me. Here we are in August...........thats just ****** up. I have talked to him quite a few times.................and nothing..............avoidance of the car....................................hmmmmmmmm?????
I found some other guys in the area with a good reputation. I talked to them on Wednesday.............today I am going for install of the new enclosure. Guess what..............my car has been at the shop for 30 ******* minutes for measurement. Not sitting for days waiting for nothing to happen. Anywho........these guys steered me away from 4th order and pointed me to slot port much larger enclosure tuned at 36 to get what I am looking for. <<<MetalHead
So i dropped off some cash friday morning they started the build and it will be going in this afternoon? WTF? Much better............can you tell I am a little butt hurt over my ******* friend giving me the run around for ******* months? I guess I just don't get it. This is his kung fu but i guess $45 deck installs all day in beaters is more lucrative so **** the custom "fun" work.
So this afternoon I will let you know how we sound and look...............here are some teaser pics to start.
Oh yea.............check how thick that baffle is for the subs to sit in..........nasty!

20140809_142123.jpeg 20140809_142123.jpeg 20140809_142126.jpeg 20140809_142129.jpeg 20140812_105743.jpeg 20140812_105758.jpeg

Back