Official Arizona Chat Thread

Honestly, if youre gonna buy wheels. I personally think 18's are the sweet spot for our cars because one 18's just look nicer and 2 18s fill the wheel well much better and dont require a lower car for wheel gap fill!

Official AZ9thGenSi list as follows: Updated 01/31/2014

@damion

1) PASCIAK
2) VTEC4LIFE
3) Killfast00
4) Si_Senor_Leo
5) Vinney1138
6) obd1-5thgen
7) CommandoX
8) el si
9) Koffee Bean
10) TeufNeph
11) StormTrooper
12) wallabee09
13) red racer
14) R18panda
15) Br3TT
16) Canadian Taffy
17) David M
18) foil
19) Avery Delfelder
20) WhiteFG4
21) 13_PMM_SI
22) k-power
23) CompaaJarret
24) AZ_Si2929
25) damion

I agree that 18s look way better, but I'll be sticking with 17s for three reasons: extra weight (unless you spend $$$ for good lightweights), need to buy new tires, and harsher ride...

My stock tires have less than 900 miles on them and this car is my DD so I don't want to deal with the lower profile tires. I did that for a year with my last ride that had 315/40r22s... every speed bump and pothole made driving miserable.

I can not find any drag wheels that fit our cars. If anyone knows where I can find some that would be awesome. 16 x 8-9. somewhere in that range. 15s are going to be too small I feel and 17s too big. If all else fails I may look into 17s. Word.

I can not find any drag wheels that fit our cars. If anyone knows where I can find some that would be awesome. 16 x 8-9. somewhere in that range. 15s are going to be too small I feel and 17s too big. If all else fails I may look into 17s. Word.
Would the stock steel wheels be too narrow? Maybe diamond racing could make you a wheel Im not sure about the weight though. Also doesnt the mustang have the same bolt pattern as ours maybe you could find out what they run on the back and slap them on the front.

there was a white 4 door si behind me getting on the 101 last night at Frank Lloyd Wright, i was in the fiji blue 4 door

I agree that 18s look way better, but I'll be sticking with 17s for three reasons: extra weight (unless you spend $$$ for good lightweights), need to buy new tires, and harsher ride...

My stock tires have less than 900 miles on them and this car is my DD so I don't want to deal with the lower profile tires. I did that for a year with my last ride that had 315/40r22s... every speed bump and pothole made driving miserable.

@13_PMM_Si
@Vtec4LiFe

Harsh ride is all based upon the tire brand you're rolling and the size of the wheel aka 22" comen now!!! Secondly my rpf1's weigh 17 lbs thats 6.5 lbs lighter then our factory 17's which are 23.5lbs, thats a total of 26lbs less rotational mass freeing up parasitic drag. Also, some of the nicest luxury performance cars BMW ///MPOWER, or MERCEDES AMG run a 40 series tire or less at 18" inches or bigger that have the best ride quality, comfort and performance FYI!!! oh one other thing, more cars now a days run with 18's which would give you more allocated tires to choose from at a better price then 17". One last thing to think about since the 2006 Civic type r came out their facory tire specs are 225/40R18's if the japs thought that was a bad tire setup why would they be running it ??!!!! AHHHH AHHHH AHHHH seee :) haha anyways thats my two sense but i do agree with certain tires and wheel size cause shitty ride quality!

Would the stock steel wheels be too narrow? Maybe diamond racing could make you a wheel Im not sure about the weight though. Also doesnt the mustang have the same bolt pattern as ours maybe you could find out what they run on the back and slap them on the front.
Mustangs bolt pattern from 94 and up are the same. I could look into that. Good idea.

@13_PMM_Si
@Vtec4LiFe

Harsh ride is all based upon the tire brand you're rolling and the size of the wheel aka 22" comen now!!! Secondly my rpf1's weigh 17 lbs thats 6.5 lbs lighter then our factory 17's which are 23.5lbs, thats a total of 26lbs less rotational mass freeing up parasitic drag. Also, some of the nicest luxury performance cars BMW ///MPOWER, or MERCEDES AMG run a 40 series tire or less at 18" inches or bigger that have the best ride quality, comfort and performance FYI!!! oh one other thing, more cars now a days run with 18's which would give you more allocated tires to choose from at a better price then 17". One last thing to think about since the 2006 Civic type r came out their facory tire specs are 225/40R18's if the japs thought that was a bad tire setup why would they be running it ??!!!! AHHHH AHHHH AHHHH seee :) haha anyways thats my two sense but i do agree with certain tires and wheel size cause shitty ride quality!
All good points but I think the tire profile has more to do with the ride than the actual tire itself. Plus certain cars have specific suspension tuning for a particular wheel/tire setup. On a dedicated sports car a firmer ride is a good thing but my car is a family car so I need to keep the ride reasonably soft :)

I emailed Niche to see what the weight is for their NR6 wheels in 17x7.5 and 18x8. They are a very similar style to the Axis Xplodes I posted before and I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually the same wheel under a different brand name but we'll see. If they're lighter than the Axis wheels then I know what I will be buying ;)

http://www.carid.com/niche-wheels/n...ned-4164511.html?CAWELAID=120020450001116416&"cagpspn=dyn"&gclid=CM-BmNv7ybwCFVQV7AodFyAAwg

17x7.5 inch rpf1s weigh 15.25 pounds, which is about 8 pounds less than our stock 17s. 8 pounds is better than 6, IMO

Back