eBay Mugen style spoiler for 13 sedan

So.. i got the one from Kplayground ( wife bought it as my xmas present, and had nothing but issues with it.. after it was painted and installed
the top portion of the spoiler flex'd up and down about an inch, so i took of the rear window spoiler and moon roof spoiler to see if that would help. No go.. but then only flexed about 1/2 inch, I contacted Kplayground and spoke to them about it .. and they stated that no its not suppose to flex at all and that because it is flexing its due to bad install... and has not answered back at all .. the shop that did the install stated 4 bolts to hold it to the trunk .. and 6 to hold the top portion to the sides... how can it be a bad install..LOL ..
Then the shop took both spoilers and and measured where the holes matched to the trunk and the mugen type is about a 1/4 inch longer.

So either they sent me the one for the 8th gen, or its just built wrong .. and they refuse to acknowledge it and work with me to correct it..

So if any one has had good luck with one .. please let me know .. so i can get a new one..

CAM00298.jpg CAM00297.jpg

Don't be too worked up about it, I think it looks really cool. I've been wanting one just like that for ages, how much did it cost to get it painted? And installed?

Sorry I am currently back to the stock spoiler, and those are the only 2 pics that i took of it ..

Thanks Pauly..

Ah ok, yeah I just wanted to see what you meant be the material 'flexing'? Like do you mean how the stock spoiler has a 'flex' if you press down on it to close your trunk or you talking about 'flex' where the material isn't flush with the trunk when talking about the K playground one.

Ah ok, yeah I just wanted to see what you meant be the material 'flexing'? Like do you mean how the stock spoiler has a 'flex' if you press down on it to close your trunk or you talking about 'flex' where the material isn't flush with the trunk when talking about the K playground one.

What i mean is .. when you close the trunk you can see it bounce... when you drive above 25 if you look in your review mirror you can see it moving up and down.. the faster you go till about 95mph the more you can see it moving up and down..
I live in goodyear HMU in PM if you want to look at it in person... and maybe we can come up with an idea to correct it..

AZ9thSi #010

Is the center piece abs plastic...fiberglass...carbon..?

@TeufNeph Hey Man Can You Email Me Or Show Me How You Piecd together that wing min is 4 piece and im completely lost

Did anyone ever figure out if the 8th gen mugen spoiler fits the 9th? Thinking about buying one like right now lol

Just got one as well only this one is from eBay. I don't like the kplayground version because of the bottom piece and the top piece doesn't have to fin things. Here's a couple pics of mine without the bottom piece I can't find any good 3m tape at the moment to put it on, once I do il post all angles of it in my build thread since everyone just likes to show like one picture of them lolimage.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Just got one as well only this one is from eBay. I don't like the kplayground version because of the bottom piece and the top piece doesn't have to fin things. Here's a couple pics of mine without the bottom piece I can't find any good 3m tape at the moment to put it on, once I do il post all angles of it in my build thread since everyone just likes to show like one picture of them lolView attachment 45181

View attachment 45182 View attachment 45180
Looks sweet! Does it rattle at high speeds like the kplayground spoiler?

Looks sweet! Does it rattle at high speeds like the kplayground spoiler?
Yes but it's not like a lot to be dangerous or annoying, if you look in your rear view you can just see it shake a little maybe 1/4 of an inch up and down and like 1/2 an inch when you hit a pretty good bump but it nothing crazy. I would rather it be a real mugen spoiler and not shake but hey maybe it shakes cause of the extra downforce! Lol

Yes but it's not like a lot to be dangerous or annoying, if you look in your rear view you can just see it shake a little maybe 1/4 of an inch up and down and like 1/2 an inch when you hit a pretty good bump but it nothing crazy. I would rather it be a real mugen spoiler and not shake but hey maybe it shakes cause of the extra downforce! Lol
Iv been considering on thowing a wing on my car after I forced induct that way if ppl give me a hard time I'll just give them a better view of it from behind lol.
The spoiler looks good bro. What you been running for a 3rd break light ?

Back