Texas vehicle inspection exhaust question

JAYBLS

I just moved to Texas about three, almost four weeks ago. I just realized that they have a god damn state inspection here (******* bullshit). I have an Ultimate Racing catless DP and exhaust. Does anyone know if this is going to fail the inspection? I live in downtown Austin, if that makes any difference.

That is outstanding news. I just started working at a car dealership and talked to one of the service advisors and he said they don't even put the car up on a rack, so I think I should be totally fine. I don't think it should be producing any more emissions than what's legal, but I guess we'll see.

They really don't trip about it, ****, I don't even have the axle back muffler portion of my exhaust. My car is tinted 10% below Texas minimal limits and my inspection guy always passes me for a six pack of beer lol =)

It depends where you're at. I'm in Paris TX and the state inspection is just checking the lights, brakes, and tire tread really. They don't really do smog tests here so they could care less about emissions. But that's just here in Paris. Idk how it'll be where you're at. But I'm sure since you're catless, it wouldn't matter cause like all the damn trucks here are running just straight pipes haha.

I live in north Texas. I know this is old but just went to get my car inspection done and it will not pass because the o2 sensor is disabled. My buddy works there and told me it wouldn't so he didn't finish the test. Question, if I flash back to stock at the inspection, have the test done it should pass because the cel is gone and it thinks the car is stock?

Do you have an 02 sensor? I'm a certified NY state inspector and emissions for every state is the same i think

It wouldn't pass because even though the computer disabled the rear 02 sensor, it still stores a pending code because it's not receiving an input from the sensor. Just because the CEL isn't there doesn't mean there isn't a code

EDIT -

Once you flash your cars computer, ALL readiness monitors are reset so you have to drive the car for a bit to get all those monitors ready...usually the EVAP monitor takes the longest to ready up

It wouldn't pass because even though the computer disabled the rear 02 sensor, it still stores a pending code because it's not receiving an input from the sensor. Just because the CEL isn't there doesn't mean there isn't a code

EDIT -

Once you flash your cars computer, ALL readiness monitors are reset so you have to drive the car for a bit to get all those monitors ready...usually the EVAP monitor takes the longest to ready up
How long? A mile? I'm going to try anyways before swapping the stock dp back on. Thanks for the info

When I worked at Honda if i had an inspection but the monitors weren't ready we'd have the lot attendants drive the car for 50 miles (overkill in my opinion) just to ensure both drive cycles were triggered, if you have a flashpro and a laptop handy drive around with your laptop (flashpro connected to OBD II port) while in diagnostic mode, it actually will show you all the monitors your car has available and their current status (ready/not ready) IF you do this, check the box that says auto-refresh and DONT look at the computer when driving it's worse than texting and driving, just check it at a stop sign or pull over

When I worked at Honda if i had an inspection but the monitors weren't ready we'd have the lot attendants drive the car for 50 miles (overkill in my opinion) just to ensure both drive cycles were triggered, if you have a flashpro and a laptop handy drive around with your laptop (flashpro connected to OBD II port) while in diagnostic mode, it actually will show you all the monitors your car has available and their current status (ready/not ready) IF you do this, check the box that says auto-refresh and DONT look at the computer when driving it's worse than texting and driving, just check it at a stop sign or pull over
Awesome! thanks, no worries. I'll just drive it around the parking lot.

I live in houston and have had multiple inspections done with catless vehicles. Its usually just a walk around of the vehicle, never seen or heard someone having issues with this. You should be okay

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back