Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Green filter install, I can actually hear the turbo now, I'm in love.
y8ynadev.jpg

Added more dampening material to the car today. It didn’t help as much as I was hoping with the road noise, but I reckon that will get much better if I do the floor and ceiling. Also replaced the tweeters, door speakers, and rear deck speakers while the car was apart. I usually don’t play my music loudly, but… dat clarity. Mmmmmm

Some in the doors:
p7YlDJt.jpg

And some on the rear deck:
pQ4Nrqk.jpg

IMG_20140404_182519.jpg finnally got my megan coilovers for my daily that hasnt gotten any love lately having a 9 month old and building cars on the side to sell leaves me no time to mess around with my 9thcivic but hopefully next i get some time to put the coils on

Added more dampening material to the car today. It didn’t help as much as I was hoping with the road noise, but I reckon that will get much better if I do the floor and ceiling. Also replaced the tweeters, door speakers, and rear deck speakers while the car was apart. I usually don’t play my music loudly, but… dat clarity. Mmmmmm

Some in the doors:
p7YlDJt.jpg

And some on the rear deck:
pQ4Nrqk.jpg
All that dampening and you didn't notice a difference? Dam. I want to to something like this too. I was hoping for significant results though. Where do you think all the noise is coming from? The 2012s are terribly loud.

All that dampening and you didn't notice a difference? Dam. I want to to something like this too. I was hoping for significant results though. Where do you think all the noise is coming from? The 2012s are terribly loud.
I really wasn't expecting much from just the doors, rear deck, and trunk. Those aren't really the trouble areas for road noise.

The door noise is mostly coming through the glass itself and the rubber seal between the glass and the metal door frame. There is also a bit of noise coming through the floor and ceiling, but the window noise overwhelms that so it's barely noticeable by comparison.

The '13 isn't loud for a Honda. I was just hoping it would get closer to Lexus quiet. Obviously $150 of material isn't going to equal millions in R&D from Lexus, I knew that going into it - heh.

I really wasn't expecting much from just the doors, rear deck, and trunk. Those aren't really the trouble areas for road noise.

The door noise is mostly coming through the glass itself and the rubber seal between the glass and the metal door frame. There is also a bit of noise coming through the floor and ceiling, but the window noise overwhelms that so it's barely noticeable by comparison.

The '13 isn't loud for a Honda. I was just hoping it would get closer to Lexus quiet. Obviously $150 of material isn't going to equal millions in R&D from Lexus, I knew that going into it - heh.

I found when I put my side window visors on, that they brought on a lot of wind noise...... But I still think they are worth having for venting without having water come in..........

My front left speaker stopped working some time ago, then today its nice out and I rolled down my window and rested my arm out the window and then suddenly it starting work. That scared the crap out of me because only the back speakers worked so the volume was cranked up.

Back