Anyone here a beer advocate?

IMG_3788_zps1d31b143.jpg

I gave Great Lakes another shot and got this. This is a very good amber lager. Wow.
IMG_3793_zpsd4eb74f0.jpg

Don't believe in the rating Beer Advocate has about this beer.

IMG_3801_zpsfe3fed21.jpg

The Fuel Cafe Stout by Lakefront is pretty darn good. It isn't as thick as how stouts normally are. I guess that's a good thing bc it would not give a feeling of being full. The taste is on the sweet malty side with a strong coffee flavor.

@HeelsandEers , I couldn't find the Sierra Nevada variety IPA. Hopefully, it shows up.

It's not similar to the Eliot Ness in terms of taste. This one is a bit more maltier, a bit more sour and a little less sweet. But it's another really good lager. There's really no bad Lakefront beer that I've tasted.
IMG_3805_zpsa5d26384.jpg

Don't believe in the rating Beer Advocate has about this beer.

The Fuel Cafe Stout by Lakefront is pretty darn good. It isn't as thick as how stouts normally are. I guess that's a good thing bc it would not give a feeling of being full. The taste is on the sweet malty side with a strong coffee flavor.

Prob why it gets low ratings. Doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad beer. People typically rate beers in comparison to how they think that particular style should be. Stout drinkers like em thick :giggle:

@HeelsandEers , I couldn't find the Sierra Nevada variety IPA. Hopefully, it shows up.

I'm not sure when it released... you still might. The box I bought was labeled 1/28/14 though... which is borderline too old :sadbanana: The one beer I drank from it was pretty decent though. I just would of preferred a much fresher pack...

Dude, these Lakefront bottles were labeled November 2013. :giggle: maybe thats why why the pack was cheap. They are still very good, especially the IPA.

Yeah...lol. Its still good though. :D

Troegs Perpetual IPA. Delicious!
adume2aj.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Troegs. Yes.

I saw the Sierra sampler today, I considered getting it but I find them to be much like Newcastle. Stray from your main brew and I just don't like it that much. I don't care for Torpedo or Ruthless Rye even though I feel like I should like them. Same with any of the new stuff Newcastle has put out. I like regular *** Newcastle Brown.

I bought two more bottles of Old Ritterguts Gose. I love that salty brew. Its wicked. Seriously if you both are coming to the fall Dragon I will bring you both some rare beers. So far the collection will be: 2 Ritterguts Gose, 2 Kentucky Bourbon Barrell Ale, ...... Something from 3 floyds perhapds?

To me, Sierra Nevada's weaker beers are the Pale ale and their witbier. I have not tried Ruthless Rye yet.

I got the Sierra Nevada 4-way.

Black IPA isn't bad. Flavor profile like a Porter.

The sublime is kicking my butt. But it's so good!

I was thinking about getting the Sierra Nevada IPA sampler today, but decided to go with the Stone sampler. I think I made a wise decision.

Back