MrsJrotax101's 2013 RR FB6 Build Thread

No kidding, eh? Congrats!

What happened to the old silver civic?

No kidding! Thanks :D
Hubby just took the '00 Ex to work. I am starting work soon, so we need two driveable cars, and well the M3 is a drama queen :giggle: Naw, she's just not that street friendly

...and well the M3 is a drama queen :giggle: Naw, she's just not that street friendly

The [My] civic is seeing the same slow fate. Figure why not enjoy it while I can (before I get old and my back can't take the incredibly non-compliant ride?)
Hopefully the new toy will allow me to start focusing on making the civic even less comfortable. lol.

I still miss our FA5. There are still some things I really miss. I like some of the new features, but a lot of it is quite gimmicky. In reality it's pretty much just an FA5 with a bunch more random gadgets (some of which are pretty useless)

I still miss our FA5. There are still some things I really miss. I like some of the new features, but a lot of it is quite gimmicky. In reality it's pretty much just an FA5 with a bunch more random gadgets (some of which are pretty useless)
I'm curious to hear what features you think are good and which ones you think are gimmicky.

Still learning about the car...

The whole i-vtec monitor is pretty gimmicky
All the added runway lights, etc.
The i-mid display. It's alright for watch MPG, etc. But still, it's more added fluff. Reminds me of a prius. :|
I'm unsure of my thoughts about the "carbon fiber"
I'm not the biggest fan of the black trim on the steering wheel and dash (between all the carbon fiber) it's got so many different color flecks in it.
The pleather on the dash is nice, but I wish they carried it on to the inside of the doors. That plastic there is extremely cheap.
I find the seats less comfortable than the FA5, but I'll work on that.

I like seeing the MPGs but it is what it is
The back up camera is very nice.
The Si badge on the steering wheel is a nice touch
While I'm not the biggest fan of the i-mid (it's not terrible) it does amuse me when I get in and the honda emblem shows on the screen, and then the Si badge.
The seats might last a little longer than the FA5

Still learning about the car...

The whole i-vtec monitor is pretty gimmicky
All the added runway lights, etc.
The i-mid display. It's alright for watch MPG, etc. But still, it's more added fluff. Reminds me of a prius. :|
I'm unsure of my thoughts about the "carbon fiber"
I'm not the biggest fan of the black trim on the steering wheel and dash (between all the carbon fiber) it's got so many different color flecks in it.
The pleather on the dash is nice, but I wish they carried it on to the inside of the doors. That plastic there is extremely cheap.
I find the seats less comfortable than the FA5, but I'll work on that.

I like seeing the MPGs but it is what it is
The back up camera is very nice.
The Si badge on the steering wheel is a nice touch
While I'm not the biggest fan of the i-mid (it's not terrible) it does amuse me when I get in and the honda emblem shows on the screen, and then the Si badge.
The seats might last a little longer than the FA5
I always remind myself that this is a Civic, Honda's "entry level" car so considering that, it's a pretty nice car and the finish on the 2013's and 2014's is pretty good. That's one reason I'm trading my '12 for a '14 (only one of the reasons)
I think the more you drive the car @MrsJrotax101, the more you will enjoy it and the more you will get used to the "silly" stuff.

I always remind myself that this is a Civic, Honda's "entry level" car so considering that, it's a pretty nice car and the finish on the 2013's and 2014's is pretty good. That's one reason I'm trading my '12 for a '14 (only one of the reasons)
I think the more you drive the car @MrsJrotax101, the more you will enjoy it and the more you will get used to the "silly" stuff.
I only liked the 2013 (out of the 9ths) so that's why I got her. I love her tons though, even though I think she's just a glorified FA5. :giggle: (I miss our FBP FA5) I'm comparing a lot of things between the two...as there really are a lot of similarities.
At the end of the day, she's mine. Finally. Mine.

Good morning
yguha2er.jpg

I only liked the 2013 (out of the 9ths) so that's why I got her. I love her tons though, even though I think she's just a glorified FA5. :giggle: (I miss our FBP FA5) I'm comparing a lot of things between the two...as there really are a lot of similarities.
At the end of the day, she's mine. Finally. Mine.
I must say out of all the improvements on the 9th gen, I love the engine and the limited slip differential the best!

I see that you're undecided on wheels....... like you dont know if you want any? Or dont know what style. Because if its a yes/no kinda thing... I go for YES!! lol

I see that you're undecided on wheels....... like you dont know if you want any? Or dont know what style. Because if its a yes/no kinda thing... I go for YES!! lol
HAHAHAHA it's definitely not a yes/no kind of thing. The stockies are going for sure. It's an, "I'm not sure what wheel I want yet" thing.
I am a big fan of Mugen GPs though, but everyone seems to have them.

Back