Started my Turbo install yesterday!

Phroze

Oklahoma City, Ok
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Started my turbo install yesterday and got all the piping situated and turbo mounted. Gonna wait till it warms up a little bit before i try to finish.
Still need to drop and tap the oil pan (which is a ***** to get off btw), install the WG and downpipe and put the subframe back on. I'm pretty excited to finish this my the end of the weekend.

Here's a 12 hour progress pic

Attachments

• 20140517_000528.jpg
    20140517_000528.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 163
lol you want your return to but above your regular oil level... that plug is to drain it for oil changes. It's highly not recommended that you use that plug. You have a high risk of the oil not draining out of the turbo considering it's gravity working the return

Looks great, this is the kit that I am considering getting sometime this fall (considering I just spent 3k on parts) so let me know how everything goes...it looks great!

lol you want your return to but above your regular oil level... that plug is to drain it for oil changes. It's highly not recommended that you use that plug. You have a high risk of the oil not draining out of the turbo considering it's gravity working the return
Well prl gave the set like that.. They recommended me to do it that way..

Well see.. I really dont want to drill into the pan either.. This way you can bring it back to stock looking untouched..

Well see.. I really dont want to drill into the pan either.. This way you can bring it back to stock looking untouched..

You could use the oil drain port just use a oil scavenge pump to pump the oil into the pan. This way you have worry about starving the turbo or drilling your oil pan. Also use a sandwich plate for the filter so u could get pressurised oil for the turbo feed. Remain completely stock.

Ok ill look into it.. Prl said it shouldnt be a problem.. But its definetly something i should do anyway.. Thanks

Back