Moddiction Anvil 2

cdistefano27

Can anyone that has this knob give me a little insight on how it feels in different temps? I have found that the stock knob gets pretty dam cold in the winter and almost untouchable in the summer (at times). Also, is it worth it to go with the countersunk knob? As of right now, I plan on keeping the same shift boot.

When I had my MT 2012 I had the stainless steel Moddiction Anvil 2. It was nice during the spring and fall. Sitting in the hot summer days, the knob would cook resulting in a burning sensation when shifting. During the cold winter days, my hand would go numb at times. There was even frost buildup on several occasions.

Been running the Anvil 2 countersunk knob on my S2000 for almost 3 years. Never had a problem with it being overly cold or hot. Because it's countersunk, it makes the shift throw shorter which makes for faster shifting (for me anyway, YMMV).

I have the moddiction anvil since November. It does get awfully cold in the winter (I live in canada) but I had no issues when I wore gloves. Like FB2Chris I have had frost build up. The fit and finish are amazing though and have no regrets. I've heard of people getting covers like the blox beanie. This will help to keep it in the shape during the summer and help in the winter.

lol yea I can try to the sock, I have seen people suggest that :thumb: I'm thinking that maybe the textured black might do a little better than the stainless as far as the temperature resistance goes.

lol yea I can try to the sock, I have seen people suggest that :thumb: I'm thinking that maybe the textured black might do a little better than the stainless as far as the temperature resistance goes.
It will absorb more radiant heat but not sure that's what you're looking for in the Summer :D.

Definitely not, I'm just looking for the best combo of something that is counter sunk and more heat resistant than stock knob. TWM look pretty nice, but I'm not trying to pay $180 for just a knob. Moddiction looks like the way to go

Definitely not, I'm just looking for the best combo of something that is counter sunk and more heat resistant than stock knob. TWM look pretty nice, but I'm not trying to pay $180 for just a knob. Moddiction looks like the way to go
I really like mine and am ordering one for the Si. I prefer the countersunk because it shortens the shift throw and I especially like the weight.

Do you want a countersunk AND weighted shift knob? GRFXP makes a countersunk derlin shift knob which is pretty hot/cold resistant. I had a Spoon derlin shift knob and it was nice all year round.

Last edited:
Nice thanks for the info. Is there any specific distributor that has them at a good price or is it best to just head over to the moddiction site?
Bought mine directly from Moddiction. One of the best buys I've ever done. Next is one for the Si.

Do you want a countersunk AND weighted shift knob? GRFXP makes a countersunk derlin shift knob which is pretty hot/cold resistant. I had a Spook derlin shift knob and it was nice all year round.

Yea I would like weighted as well. Just so the shifts can be even smoother. The delrin knobs are lighter than the stock Si knob, not really what I am looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Just to update I received and installed the knob today
ajy9y7yt.jpg
urysaryn.jpg

Back