Bulb Sizes - Lamp Replacement Guide

If I'm not mistaken the 2014 Sedan Fogs are H8 now, no?

They were for 2013 also. All other models including the si coupe are H11. Not sure why only the si sedan 2013/14 are H8's. Also not sure about the new si coupe may be different now with the refresh but for 2013 si coupes were H11's.

Does anybody know the bulb size for the new 2014 civic si.I took my HID's out of my 12 si which 9006 I believe.but not looking they will fit in my new si?

Thanks dude for that great tip!.but I wasn't in my car when I wrote the message,thought somebody would know right of hand..lol

Actually they are not which sucks.my 12 si had 9006 for low beams and fogs were H11..now in the 14 si they are both H11's low beams and fogs.

Right. The fogs switched from h8 to h11, which was posted earlier.

The low beams are still 9006, high are 9005.

If you fit h11s in your lows, that's fine, but they are still supposed to be 9006. Check the bulbs the car came with from the factory when you pull them out. The lows are 9006.

e3e3u5y4.jpg

I figured I would post these up since there seems to be a little confusion around the bulb changes for the '14 sedans and I myself made some assumptions off this thread rather than checking my manual... I know, I know, pretty noobish move for a veteran modder. Main difference between the Si and other sedan models is the fogs but I don't know if this info is consistent for the coupe models. So anyways, here you go...

'14 Sedans (Si)
Low - HB4
High/DRL - HB3
Fog - H8

'14 Sedans (Non-Si)
Low - HB4
High/DRL - HB3
Fog - H11

I figured I would post these up since there seems to be a little confusion around the bulb changes for the '14 sedans and I myself made some assumptions off this thread rather than checking my manual... I know, I know, pretty noobish move for a veteran modder. Main difference between the Si and other sedan models is the fogs but I don't know if this info is consistent for the coupe models. So anyways, here you go...

'14 Sedans (Si)
Low - HB4
High/DRL - HB3
Fog - H8

'14 Sedans (Non-Si)
Low - HB4
High/DRL - HB3
Fog - H11

That's correct.
Si coupe uses H11 for low beam and fogs.

Actually the locking tabs are different between the two... looking down directly at the top of the bulb the H11 has a wider tab at the 12 o'clock point. You may be able to force the fit but in the past I have trimmed this tab to match that of an H8 using tin snips. I tried this on my sedan before ordering new H8 LEDs and the bulbs worked fine just not sure what kind of life span could be gotten out of them.

Back