'14 Taffy Si Owner

Aitken

SF Bay
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Hey 9th,

I bought my '14 Si sedan at the end of April and have been loving it. Just wanted to join another forum and say hi.

I have the same name for 9thgencivic and driveaccord. Only mods at the moment are gloss black vinyl over the chrome trim on the trunk and fog light surrounds.

Shift lights rule,
Thomas

Welcome! Great looking car, there is a lot of useful stuff on here and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!

Thanks for the welcome 9th.

Mods to come after the first year of ownership, wifeys rule:)

Intake, exhaust, coilovers (but not dragging ***), black gloss for front grille chrome (I tried and failed). Car has to get me 114 miles each day so I don't want to over do it.

I will start a build thread but not yet, it would be quiet for a while.

Welcome to the 2014 Taffeta Sedan Club! I would discourage going with coilovers for a '114mile' daily commuter(non-track use car). The H&R's are plenty low and ride quality is totally maintained. Match a good dampener to the springs and you are set. This car is so much fun as a daily commuter, I love it!

cTefanovak, good to know info on the H&R ride quality. I will have to look into dampers, any suggestions?

Can't go wrong with either choice. I just love the white/black/red color combo.

how much did you get your whip for? im planning to get one in red or white too. basically im doing my homework so i dont get rob by the stealership.

Me too. The ride doesn't suffer from the 18's and stiffer springs, which is great.

I got mine for 1000 under MSRP, plus they threw in all weather mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks. Note: This is because they offered me the invoice price (new salesperson) so I had them by the short and curlies :).
From what I have heard, Si are selling fast, maybe spending 3-4 days on the lot so dealers won't budge on price. Get some internet quotes and call around. Luckily I live in the bay area and there are over 10 dealerships so you can get a price war going.

Good luck, you won't be disappointed.

Haha if you were in the bay you might be in luck. My buddy is picking up a '14 DBP sedan and doesn't like the red seats.

Thanks, I love the seats. Really comfy too, just took a cruise down the coast to Monterey with the Mrs.

Rode in my buddy's '14 Si with Navi and noticed that he has the option of 3 views for the back-up camera. My non-Navi car doesn't even give you a choice. Anyone know how to select different camera views (fish-eye, wide, down)?

Rode in my buddy's '14 Si with Navi and noticed that he has the option of 3 views for the back-up camera. My non-Navi car doesn't even give you a choice. Anyone know how to select different camera views (fish-eye, wide, down)?

I think that feature comes with the Navi models only.

I agree. It seems like a pretty simple feature to include across the range. Now if only I could swap my manual A/C controls for the Auto version from the EX. :)

Back