Quesion for anyone using PRL intakes....

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I was doing some reading and someone made a statement that the PRL sri makes more power than the PRL cai. I was just curious of anyone else had heard anything along those lines...

I have the PRL SRI and I picked it over the CAI because of the ease of installation and the fact that it's still 3.5". But I'm fairly certain the CAI makes more power. Maybe not at all rev ranges, but I'm sure it does. Maybe @VitViper can chime in.

I was just curious someone on another forum was trying enforce their opinion that it does.

Aside from Flash Pro the PRL was the second best investment I made tried a bunch of other intakes they were all trash.

And you're using the SRI version? I was just reading your build thread and sae I can upgrade to the zdx tb later on. Do you know if I'd have to buy just an adapter from PRL or a whole new PRL SRI to fit the zdx tb?

I have the CAI just an adapter if you already have the TB

And a bigger coupler to fit the ZDX that's pretty much it.

Ah okay, I really don't think I'd do well trying to relocate all that stuff to make it fit lol.

It's pretty simple actually I have DYI in my build section you really just need to mock it up first and see how everything lines up after that its putting all the bolts in.

Did you have to relocate the coolant hose ? Or its not an obligation... Its just to get away a little more from heat ?

If you are using the rbc version you need to modify the coolant hose if you are using the stock manifold version than no modification is required.

Back