Time to ditch the skunk2 exhaust...

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I have gotten 2 tickets for my exhaust in less than 72 hours and one for modified suspension. I guess its okay for a Harley or a mustang to run straight pipes and knock the pictures frames off my wall but a Honda with an exhaust or any type of modification is a rolling target. But on another note thinking about switching up to the full race exhaust how does it sound compared to the skunk2 ?

Where do you live that the cops can give you tickets for exhaust and especially suspension?

I live in Mass. They are getting brutal around here in regards to import cars but if you have a truck that's lifted 9 feet in the air or a mustang with straight pipes they don't bother you at all its kinda crazy.

Neither did I until yesterday the exhaust I understand but I have never hear of anyone getting a ticket for suspension.

I actually looked it up there is some type of "law" about suspension in Mass but I have been pulled over 100x and my Accord literally sat on the ground and not once has a cop ever said anything about it. Its like I said its okay for a truck to be lifted 9ft in the air though.

I was in the exact same spot! S2 was waaaay too loud! (which i didnt mind.) but yes, you are a rolling target! I got the full race and i love it. Youll be very happy! do it!

The trooper who pulled me over yesterday asked me how the hell I can even deal with that sound. And he said he heard me from at least a mile with his windows up and two radios on.

Welcome to commiechusetts. This state is only second to California in mala prohibita and over all persecution of its citizens.

First I have ever heard of a suspension violation.

I have been driving slammed cars for years never had any cop give me an issue until yesterday.

Found this:

Massachusetts
No person shall alter, modify, or change the height of a motor vehicle with an original manufacturer’s GVWR of up to and including 10,000 lbs., by elevating or lowering the chassis or body by more than 2 inches above or below the manufacturer’s specified height.

If you're not lower than 2 inches I would fight the ticket

Ehhhhh I am scraping frame lol but its the first time a cop has ever said anything to me about the height of the car.

Back