9CCD III: Official Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm replacing some more fluids. Upgrading to Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid and Royal Purple Max-EZ power steering fluid. Just did a coolant flush too. Not much left to do at this point. I really want to get the headlight housings painted but it's a real waste of money at this point.

Anybody looking for tires should check out DTD. They are doing double rebates.

Thanks! I can get a hell of a deal on some 225/45R17 Michelin PSS. Neither tirebuyer nor DTD have RE11s, and tirerack charges for shipping.

Glad I could help. I got DW's for 330

Do you have the discount tire credit card? I don't have one so I don't think I can get the extra $75.00 rebate. Still, free shipping is a bonus, I just think I want RE11's more than PSS.

I don't. I didn't think you needed it. Let me check my email.

You were right. You need their cc. The other option is their eBay store. $100 off $400. That's what I did. Mine were $396. Then $50 cash for mount/balance by a friend.

Looks like that just ended.

Last edited:
The RE11s are fantastic. Despite what they say, they are not that good in the wet. They've been a little scary on the highway in heavy rain. Other than that I love mine.

I don't. I didn't think you needed it. Let me check my email.

You were right. You need their cc. The other option is their eBay store. $100 off $400. That's what I did. Mine were $396. Then $50 cash for mount/balance by a friend.

Looks like that just ended.

The double discount is still good until Monday, so I'll decide on Sunday if I wanna get them now, or just go to firestone for some RE11s.

The RE11s are fantastic. Despite what they say, they are not that good in the wet. They've been a little scary on the highway in heavy rain. Other than that I love mine.

I'd be taking it easy in the wet, the summer here was actually not too bad, but the wet weather is a possible deterrent, I like to drive quickly all of the time.

Reactions: Nix
Yeah, I know you're a beast 100% of the time! hahahah.

Got snow tires yet?

I'm probably going to get the Michelin PSS next just to give them a try but yea, other than the wet performance the new RE11A is just damn nice to drive. I bet with your AWD you wouldn't notice as much as I do with the massive understeer on the civic. They are easy to break loose when it's wet but it's very predictable and it only happens when I try to make it happen. Although it definitely kinda sucks when the steering wheel is essentially useless. I did notice the car felt very loose and disconnected in heavy rain. Lots of that floaty hydroplane feeling.

Yeah, I know you're a beast 100% of the time! hahahah.

Got snow tires yet?

I'm probably going to get the Michelin PSS next just to give them a try but yea, other than the wet performance the new RE11A is just damn nice to drive. I bet with your AWD you wouldn't notice as much as I do with the massive understeer on the civic. They are easy to break loose when it's wet but it's very predictable and it only happens when I try to make it happen. Although it definitely kinda sucks when the steering wheel is essentially useless. I did notice the car felt very loose and disconnected in heavy rain. Lots of that floaty hydroplane feeling.

it's also a chance I don't wanna take if it rains on the dragon weekend, even my half worn S04s are great in the wet. Subarus are nose heavy when they break loose in the wet unless they have a huuuge rear swaybar. So almost leaning towards the PSS because my S04s will be murdered if I keep them on for the dragon.

My RE11's were fantastic IMO in heavy rain. I'd buy another set without hesitation.

So far my Dunlop ZIIs have been excellent in heavy rain at speed. The SP01s I had last year were also excellent in the rain. Keith didn't have issues with his ZIIs either.

So far my Dunlop ZIIs have been excellent in heavy rain at speed. The SP01s I had last year were also excellent in the rain. Keith didn't have issues with his ZIIs either.
Subaru's love Z2, dry or wet. My Ford Fiesta loves the Z2 as well. The grip is always there, just don't overdrive the tires

Subaru's love Z2, dry or wet. My Ford Fiesta loves the Z2 as well. The grip is always there, just don't overdrive the tires

Maybe newer, but as they age, the tread pattern doesn't look very water-friendly.

I had a hairy moment at 130 at VIR in the pouring rain where my whole car got up on the water before the braking zone with 3-4/32nd Z1s. As Jason said, the Z2 design theoretically would be worse, especially on a performance aligned car with the reduced straight line contact patch.

I had a hairy moment at 130 at VIR in the pouring rain where my whole car got up on the water before the braking zone with 3-4/32nd Z1s. As Jason said, the Z2 design theoretically would be worse, especially on a performance aligned car with the reduced straight line contact patch.
I gotta believe the average driver doesn't drive at 130 and/or in the rain at speed. For the commoners, the Z2 is pretty darn good [emoji12] [emoji41]

LOL. I guess. I do love the Z2 though, was just giving my thoughts about the wet comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back