9CCD III: Official Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last bit of servicing is done, car is ready. Clock is ticking. Not even sure what I'll do with the two extra days haha.

Package arrived today :)

Batteries and charger for my GoPro Hero 3

6eaf5379dbeacb782ddad2f7385f3dec.jpg

At Mishifest this guido with his genesis coupe begged us to dyno it and he was bragging about it non stop. With a tune, turboback, intake and fmic kit it put a whopping 200hp to the wheels.

I remember that, him as his bros where fist bumping after that

The Dragon is in good shape. No road work, no potholes (lot's of motorcycle a$$holes though). They were cutting the grass on the shoulders this week so there were huge clumps of cut grass on both sides of Rt 28 from Deals Gap to Fontana. I did my usual run today from Fontana to Tellico to Benton's Smokehouse to pick up 5 lbs of hickory smoked, thick cut bacon. The absolute best bacon in the world. Weigle's gas near Benton's has 91 octane, 100% gasoline with no alcohol added. The station at State Rt 72 no longer sells gas so get gas in Maryville or Robbinsville before you head for the Dragon.

The Dragon is in good shape. No road work, no potholes (lot's of motorcycle a$$holes though). They were cutting the grass on the shoulders this week so there were huge clumps of cut grass on both sides of Rt 28 from Deals Gap to Fontana. I did my usual run today from Fontana to Tellico to Benton's Smokehouse to pick up 5 lbs of hickory smoked, thick cut bacon. The absolute best bacon in the world. Weigle's gas near Benton's has 91 octane, 100% gasoline with no alcohol added. The station at State Rt 72 no longer sells gas so get gas in Maryville or Robbinsville before you head for the Dragon.

Good to hear a report from the frontlines, the bikers should mostly be gone after the rally is over this weekend, leaving next weekend nice and open hopefully.

On the Thursday run, I think we should stop by the smokehouse and the gas station. Thanks for the heads up on the gas, we usually always go to Robbinsville.

Well right now this seems to be a crock of ****....they're calling for showers / rain next Tuesday thru Friday, I hope to hell they're wrong and change the weather models the weather maps for those days hardly show anything. I'm not going down there to have it rain every damn day.

Well right now this seems to be a crock of ****....they're calling for showers / rain next Tuesday thru Friday, I hope to hell they're wrong and change the weather models the weather maps for those days hardly show anything. I'm not going down there to have it rain every damn day.
Hey, the Dragon is still there and, in some ways it's even better. Way fewer HD "pilots".

An open message to all of those daredevil, Harley-Davidson drivers doing rolling roadblocks on the Dragon.

I understand you're unerrantly proud of your 4000 lb, chrome infested, buckskin fringed, real plastic, imitation leather saddlebags and the ape hanger handlebars and you spend months polishing that exciting cogged driving belt to get the maximum sheen. You work nights and weekends to get just the appropriate amount of ersatz wear on your custom designed, hand selected rayon sheepskin seat cover. I know how difficult it is to select just the right, fashionably ragged and properly faded HD shirt from Leroy and Rufus's HD shop in Redneck, Arkansas. Please, do us both a favor and don't get me started on the attire for your "old lady" (a term applied to any female of any age) who gets the distinct pleasure (to say nothing of inflamed hemorrhoids) from that oh so comfortable (and laughingly named) pillion seat. The boys down at the law office all know about your little motorcycle fetish and laugh knowingly when you bring up that 47252hp throbbing between your masculine clad and properly faded (see HD shirt above for example) designer jeans specially made for you and available at any Wally-world in the civilized world) blue jeans (fashionably faded of course). You worked for months to get just the proper amount of 5 o'clock shadow even though the other guys in the boardroom keep dropping hints that you're looking a "bit scruffy". But why should you care, you ride a real mans machine made by real men.

But (and you knew there would be a but, didn't you?). After 5 weeks of planning, arranging to meet up with 30 or 40 of your closest riding buddies, you put your carefully chosen wardrobe together, make sure it all fits in those HAWT! saddlebags and head for the beautiful Dragon in Western NC/Eastern TN to spend a weekend totally pissing people off by reaching a maximum velocity of 28 mph on the rare straight stretch of the Dragon while manfully navigating some of those 318 curves at a nose-bleed inducing 15 mph. Meanwhile people who really aren't interested in watching you manhandle your 6730 lb, two wheeled limousine are slowly (rapidly, actually) becoming more and more frustrated as you attempt to show how manly you are by attacking those curves.

...and you wonder why everyone calls Harley riders organic speed bumps (well, you've also been call thoughtless a$holes too). Well, Cletus, it's really very simple, you don't take advantage of the 500 pull-offs that are available for you to pull over for the, by now, fuming people behind you. You never bother checking your mirrors (those funny shaped glass things at the end of your 22 foot tall ape hangers) or making any attempt to be a thoughtful rider. We really do love to see you at the Dragon, whether it's parked at Killboy's store, or across the street at the Tail of the Dragon hotel or lounging so relaxed and manly in the restaurant. On the Dragon at 10 mph? Not so much.

An open message to all of those daredevil, Harley-Davidson drivers doing rolling roadblocks on the Dragon.

I understand you're unerrantly proud of your 4000 lb, chrome infested, buckskin fringed, real plastic, imitation leather saddlebags and the ape hanger handlebars and you spend months polishing that exciting cogged driving belt to get the maximum sheen. You work nights and weekends to get just the appropriate amount of ersatz wear on your custom designed, hand selected rayon sheepskin seat cover. I know how difficult it is to select just the right, fashionably ragged and properly faded HD shirt from Leroy and Rufus's HD shop in Redneck, Arkansas. Please, do us both a favor and don't get me started on the attire for your "old lady" (a term applied to any female of any age) who gets the distinct pleasure (to say nothing of inflamed hemorrhoids) from that oh so comfortable (and laughingly named) pillion seat. The boys down at the law office all know about your little motorcycle fetish and laugh knowingly when you bring up that 47252hp throbbing between your masculine clad and properly faded (see HD shirt above for example) designer jeans specially made for you and available at any Wally-world in the civilized world) blue jeans (fashionably faded of course). You worked for months to get just the proper amount of 5 o'clock shadow even though the other guys in the boardroom keep dropping hints that you're looking a "bit scruffy". But why should you care, you ride a real mans machine made by real men.

But (and you knew there would be a but, didn't you?). After 5 weeks of planning, arranging to meet up with 30 or 40 of your closest riding buddies, you put your carefully chosen wardrobe together, make sure it all fits in those HAWT! saddlebags and head for the beautiful Dragon in Western NC/Eastern TN to spend a weekend totally pissing people off by reaching a maximum velocity of 28 mph on the rare straight stretch of the Dragon while manfully navigating some of those 318 curves at a nose-bleed inducing 15 mph. Meanwhile people who really aren't interested in watching you manhandle your 6730 lb, two wheeled limousine are slowly (rapidly, actually) becoming more and more frustrated as you attempt to show how manly you are by attacking those curves.

...and you wonder why everyone calls Harley riders organic speed bumps (well, you've also been call thoughtless a$holes too). Well, Cletus, it's really very simple, you don't take advantage of the 500 pull-offs that are available for you to pull over for the, by now, fuming people behind you. You never bother checking your mirrors (those funny shaped glass things at the end of your 22 foot tall ape hangers) or making any attempt to be a thoughtful rider. We really do love to see you at the Dragon, whether it's parked at Killboy's store, or across the street at the Tail of the Dragon hotel or lounging so relaxed and manly in the restaurant. On the Dragon at 10 mph? Not so much.

There's a really funny pic on Killboy's weekly highlights this week that shows a rider on a motard flipping off this (looks like a retired businessman / lawyer) who's just cruising along. Apparently the guy on the cruiser bike was cutting lanes and nearly hit the guy on the motard. SOmeone with more computer knowledge on how to link images can probably post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back