2014 Si Sedan k24z7

joeybwood

Is the new 2014 Si sedan, I heard from a friend that the k24z7 that thr block is sleeved and was ready to be turboed? Is it true? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Kinda just fmi, a rumor said that the block came stock sleeved to support a turbo if you wanted to ? They say they did because of 2015 si being turbo, they sleeved the 2014 block to give the person who bought the car the option to turbo it? True or not? Thoughts?

Reason would be because of the si being turboed in 2015, but maybe not idk that's why I ask

I don't know if it's sleeved or not but this motor came out in like 07 or something, pretty sure they weren't making design decisions for it based on 2015 plans. That said I've also heard K series can hold up to quite a bit of boost on stock internals. Also, no word on the 2015 Si being turbo, all we know at this moment is the new turbo type r will not be coming to the U.S.

No I am almost 100% positive the block is not sleeved, that being said, you can turbo it without issue within reason. If your wanting to push like 20 lbs that would be a different story. Like mentioned above also, is the clutch. Definitely something that would need to be changed

What do you mean about "sleeved"? The K24Z7 is an aluminum block with cast iron sleeves. All K series engines are, so are all B series engines for that matter. I assume you're talking about ductile iron sleeves like Darton or something. No, the K24Z7 does not have ductile iron sleeves. In fact, no Honda engines have ductile iron sleeves.

I would be very, very surprised if the Si gets a turbocharged engine, even in the 10th generation. There are some small displacement three and four cylinder turbo Earth Dreams engines coming out, but the only high horsepower turbo engine I know of is the 2015 Civic Type R, which is not supposed to be coming to America, but I think it might (but it's hideous).

What do you mean about "sleeved"? The K24Z7 is an aluminum block with cast iron sleeves. All K series engines are, so are all B series engines for that matter. I assume you're talking about ductile iron sleeves like Darton or something. No, the K24Z7 does not have ductile iron sleeves. In fact, no Honda engines have ductile iron sleeves.

I would be very, very surprised if the Si gets a turbocharged engine, even in the 10th generation. There are some small displacement three and four cylinder turbo Earth Dreams engines coming out, but the only high horsepower turbo engine I know of is the 2015 Civic Type R, which is not supposed to be coming to America, but I think it might (but it's hideous).

I thought I was the only one who thought that thing was just god awful ugly

Back