Official Computer Talk Thread

You can have it insured and tracked for next to nothing. USPS on a card like that will run around $5-6 with insurance and tracking. Do it.

Yeah I'd do it but like @webby said make sure you insure it!

@webby - NCIX PC posted this a bit ago

397514_815312958492245_2153581284250545103_n.jpg

Yeah I will ship it this weekend. Insurance shouldn't be that expensive since the package won't be that big or heavy.

Yeah I will ship it this weekend. Insurance shouldn't be that expensive since the package won't be that big or heavy.
They just do it on the value of the package. So if you say you want it insured for $100 or $500, they'll do it accordingly. Priority has $100 of insurance included in the price, and it's like around $.75 or something for each $100 of extra insurance.

2012 was my last PC build, all parts were ordered from Amazon. I have not found a game yet that pushes it below 30 FPS at Max Settings, but maybe I just play the wrong games. Used to be heavy into Skyrim, WoW, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Old Republic, Tera Online, Starcraft 2, yada yada yada...I am sure you get the idea. Anymore it gets used to browse the web.

Case & Cooling
Cooler Master Computer Case RC-692-KKN2
Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
4 x Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm PWM Case Fan - Barometric Ball Bearing R4-EXBB-20PK-R0 (Only used 2 of these to replace the H100 stock fans)
4 x Cooler Master R4 Series Silent 140mm Case Fan R4-S4S-10AK-GP (Only used 2 of these one on the bottom and one on the side)
ArctiClean 60ml Kit (includes 30ml ArctiClean 1 and 30ml ArctiClean 2) and 3.5grams Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

Power Supply
Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 750-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified High Performance Modular Power Supply CP-9020003-NA

Motherboard
ASRock Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 DDR3 2133 LGA 1156 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Z68 EXTREME7 GEN3

CPU
Intel Core i5-2500 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor

Memory
Kingston Technology HyperX 16 GB Kit (4x4 GB Modules) 16 Quad Channel Kit 1600 (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX

Hard Drives
Crucial 128 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT128M4SSD2
Western Digital 1 TB AV-GP SATA III Intellipower 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM AV Hard Drive WD10EURX (Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging)

Optical Drive
LG Electronics GH22NS70B 22X SATA Super Multi DVD+/-RW Internal Drive (Black)

Video Cards
2 x Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2 GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/Dual Mini DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 100312-2SR (These have been some damn nice cards)

Retired CPU Cooling
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler, RR-B10-212P-G1 (I could never get this thing to seat properly and lock down reasonably tight with my CPU and motherboard, it would freely wiggle when fully locked down as tight as I dared to take it. Then I tried to take it that little bit further and snap, broke off one of the tightening screws for the mounting backplate.)

Noob question:hiding: I have google chrome as my browser on computer at home and the amount of pop ups and randoms ads showing on the screen is mind blowing. I have ad block and few other apps installed, but it didn't help at all. What am I supposed to do to that those stupid pop ups? I really want to go back to Safari, but YT doesn't support it.:ohsnap: I'm using malwarebytes for anti virus.

Noob question:hiding: I have google chrome as my browser on computer at home and the amount of pop ups and randoms ads showing on the screen is mind blowing. I have ad block and few other apps installed, but it didn't help at all. What am I supposed to do to that those stupid pop ups? I really want to go back to Safari, but YT doesn't support it.:ohsnap: I'm using malwarebytes for anti virus.
Sounds like you have something infecting your computer. Are you getting popups here?

maybe download hijack this & let it do a scan/log
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

you could paste the log it creates and I could look through it

Sounds like you have something infecting your computer. Are you getting popups here?

Here and other websites as well. I scanned my computer and it was clean. I will try that website later tonight.

Here and other websites as well. I scanned my computer and it was clean. I will try that website later tonight.
Did you happen to try running a scan in safemode? Some stuff will continue to reappear even after a scan says it's "clean" & essentially reinstall itself on the next boot. Safemode scans can help to some degree depending on what the infection is.

No I didn't try in safemode. Now i remember that last week I wanted to download a song from YT and I went to the website listentoyoutube.com and that's when pop ups and ads started to appear on my computer.

Avast antivirus lets you do a boot time scan, basically restarts your computer but scans it before the OS starts up, I've found that to be very effective and it can find malware and other things that hide otherwise

So I used both Avast free antivirus and Malwarebytes at the same time and both showed nothing after the scan was completed.

Here you go

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5
Scan saved at 10:27:21 AM, on 11/6/2014
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.02.1008)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v11.0 (11.00.9600.17344)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe
C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Search Extensions\Client.exe
C:\Program Files\Qualcomm Atheros\Network Manager\NetworkManager.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3\Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3\SBXFIMB3.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\ShareDLL\CADI\NotiMan.exe
C:\PROGRA~2\Raptr\raptr_im.exe
A:\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Users\Michael\Downloads\HijackThis.exe
C:\Users\Michael\Downloads\HijackThis (1).exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:49206;https=127.0.0.1:49206
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = <-loopback>
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: avast! Online Security - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sound Blaster X-Fi MB 3] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3\Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3\SBXFIMB3.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\Windows\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "A:\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\amd64\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AvastUI.exe] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe" /nogui
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Pokki] C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketTab] "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Search Extensions\Client.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketTab Update Task] "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Search Extensions\uninstall.exe" /CheckUpdate=true
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Raptr] C:\PROGRA~2\Raptr\raptrstub.exe --startup
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Application Restart #0] C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-client-side-phishing-detection --enable-file-cookies --disable-sync --disable-breakpad --disable-bundled-ppapi-flash --disable-sync-tabs --disable-speech-input --disable-custom-jumplist --process-per-tab --debug-devtools-frontend="C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\inspector" --no-first-run --lang=en-US --disable-component-update --disable-prompt-on-repost --no-startup-window --disable-translate --disable-logging --disable-desktop-notifications --disable-gpu-process-prelaunch --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --restore-last-session
O4 - Global Startup: Killer Network Manager.lnk = ?
O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AvastVBox COM Service (AvastVBoxSvc) - Avast Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ng\vbox\AvastVBoxSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service (cphs) - Intel Corporation - C:\Windows\SysWow64\IntelCpHeciSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative ALchemy AL6 Licensing Service - Creative Labs - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\AL6Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Audio Engine Licensing Service - Creative Labs - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CTAELicensing.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Audio Service (CTAudSvcService) - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Shared Files\CTAudSvc.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Futuremark SystemInfo Service - Futuremark - C:\Program Files (x86)\Futuremark\SystemInfo\FMSISvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology (IAStorDataMgrSvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ieetwcollectorres.dll,-1000 (IEEtwCollectorService) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\IEEtwCollector.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel Service (igfxCUIService1.0.0.0) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\igfxCUIService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\SocketHeciServer.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service (jhi_service) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL\jhi_service.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service (LMS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service V2 - Qualcomm Atheros - C:\Program Files\Qualcomm Atheros\Network Manager\KillerService.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpAsDesc.dll,-320 (WdNisSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\NisSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpAsDesc.dll,-310 (WinDefend) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 11502 bytes

Also do you guys recommend any other anti virus program? I've been suing Anti Malware for the past couple of months.

Your log is fine. What browser are you using that gives you popups? If you open another browser (chrome/firefox/IE, etc), does the problem stop? Do the same ads keep popping up repeatedly - and if so...what ads are being promoted? Anything specific?

malwarebytes log was clean as well correct?

I'm using Chrome. I tried Firefox and it was fine no popups at all. Malwarebytes was clean yup.

Uninstall Chrome completely (make sure no traces on Chrome left - IE: Program Files, ect) Run cleanup. Reinstall Chrome.

is the same ad/company being promoted in popups repeatedly? Screenshot of what you see on a page?

is the same ad/company being promoted in popups repeatedly? Screenshot of what you see on a page?

Similar to mine. New page was also sometimes opening saying that my computer is at risk. After installing Avast antivirus and scanning system it seems like it stopped.

Attachments

• browser-popup-ads.jpg
    browser-popup-ads.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 8
  • your-computer-may-be-at-risk.jpg
    your-computer-may-be-at-risk.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 7
Back