Halloween 2014 (samhain is upon us)

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Although my main haunt venue is far away and most of my props are in storage, this year I intend to at least put out a couple simple figures.

Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter, also known as the "dark half" of the year. Samhain is recognized from sunset on October 31st to sunset on November 1st. It's approximately halfway between the autumn equinox and the high winter solstice.

Hail Saimhain! Let the day begin!

A little seasonal, and band name appropriate music to get in the horror prop building mode...

Let the day begin
Let the horror start
Let the fury swell
Let the skies all cry

SAMHAIN- Let the day begin.....

The human proportion calculator.

A little secret I've used for years to make my props more lifelike and realistic. If you can follow these dimensions to the inch, your props will have a more realistic feel to them as the look maintains correct dimensions and realism. Unfortunately the best online "bone length calculator" has gone down. You use to be able to find out the length of all the bones in an 8 limbed 4 jointed anatomically correct bat wing for any height creature. I don't know what happened to those guys. At least with this one you can calculate biped dimensions with accuracy.

http://hpc.anatomy4sculptors.com

zombietronix. I know it's been gone for a couple years. The haunt forum resources have said that it occasionally goes back up for a couple days but it hasn't been active this year.

zombietronix. I know it's been gone for a couple years. The haunt forum resources have said that it occasionally goes back up for a couple days but it hasn't been active this year.
https://web.archive.org/web/20110910120746/http://www.zombietronix.com/calculator_biped.php
I looked through a bunch of archives, and unfortunately it doesn't have the ability to pull the data up on the calculators. It'll let you submit the data, but it can't generate the results. Sucks... I thought I might be able to help resurrect it for you.

Yeah, thanks man. The guy who used to operate it is on a few haunt forums but he just disappeared. I should have archived it. Oh well.

Nice man, I can't wait to see. I have my supplies assembled. I just have to find time to put it together. Pretty simple but Ill take pics of all the pipes and angles. Hopefully going to be able to find a couple lanterns at walmart today when I get out of work.

Just a couple standing props this year. I'm not doing anything fancy with the heads, just hooded figures with a PVC frame and chicken wire draped in black fabric. Maybe holding lanterns.

This sort of thing but with some different angles for the arms and shoulders.

how+to+create+a+human+form+using+pvc+pipe+and+chicken+wire+for+a+Halloween+decoration+.jpg

Witch I set up at school. Complete with movements, voice and eyes that light up. She's super freaky in person. Kids love it, although a few look concerned about her being there.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Haunt 2014 - Day Pics

Attachments

• IMAG1140.jpg
    IMAG1140.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMAG1141.jpg
    IMAG1141.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMAG1139.jpg
    IMAG1139.jpg