A few questions

zakky12

I installed a K&N cold air intake. Should I do a "resonator delete" to get more air in? Or does it matter?

Also I want to get a new exhaust system. Thinking about the invidia N1. Is it good? If I get that exhaust would I need a retune?

Also considering the skunk2 header. Again, is it good and would I need a tune?

Resonator delete wouldn't hurt. N1 is one of the loudest exhausts, so just be aware of that. If you don't care about noise, it's a good exhaust. Tuning is always advised. Vitviper has said users are actually losing hp/tq adding exhausts/intakes without tuning with hondata.

The resonator shouldn't matter if he installed a CAI right?
the k&n "cold air" intake sits up high.

nOgQJJD.jpg

Gotcha. So is it basically a SRI then? lol Once the stock airbox is removed, the resonator does nothing though right? Its no longer connected to anything. I am only asking because I too will be doing an intake soon.

You don't need a tune for cat back. When you decide to get a DP then you will need it. N1 is way too loud IMO cops will be all over you.

Gotcha. So is it basically a SRI then? lol Once the stock airbox is removed, the resonator does nothing though right? Its no longer connected to anything. I am only asking because I too will be doing an intake soon.
"Fresh air tube" as they call it, is still pulling air from the fender into the k&n location.

Install diy may help. You remove the stock air box, but you still have the tube going into the fender providing air to the k&n. It's not sucking hot engine air as its source.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/attachments/69-1019_inst-pdf.8598/

Resonator delete wouldn't hurt. N1 is one of the loudest exhausts, so just be aware of that. If you don't care about noise, it's a good exhaust. Tuning is always advised. Vitviper has said users are actually losing hp/tq adding exhausts/intakes without tuning with hondata.
What's a good, fairly cheap exhaust? I kinda settled on skunk2 headers. But before I buy any more bolt ons I'm going to order flashpro.

Reactions: Nix
That kinda depends. Whats your budget and how loud do you want it?

Well. 550 or less? That's kinda why I was gonna get the invidia. It's like 400 or so. I just can't justify spending 500 on a short one ('axelback'?) but for the whole thing? Yeah. I'd really like to just have the stock straightpiped. But I'd really like something to fall back on to, just incase.

I've watched probably 10 videos of guys with the exhaust recording it on what seems like a potato. It don't seem bad. But the videos all shouldn't be on the internet. Hahaha.

I read that after 1k it lost the loudness. Insted of being a 7/10 it's a 5/10. So.

And don't they make silencers. Or something to that effect.

Last edited:
I have the N1 with the full-race dp. Great low tone man, loud at startup but quiets down a lot in like 45 or so seconds

If you are in the $550 range you can pretty much pick any exhaust you want. Certainly there are cheaper ones out there but you can get some really top end stuff if you want.

If you want quiet but a bit louder than stock the invidia Q300 is one of the quietest.

I have heard squiggys car with the full race setup and it is not bad at all. Sounds really good.
@squiggy -I always forget exactly what he has done.

Full Race is $599 right now.
http://www.full-race.com/store/exhaust-systems/honda-9th-gen-civic-si-3-exhaust-system-2012.html

q300 is ~$510 and there is a 5% discount coupon through @THMotorsports bringing the price down to $487-ish
http://thmotorsports.com/invidia/invidia_q300_exhaust/hs12hc2g3s/i-1670790.aspx

The N1 is super loud and is right around the same price as the q300. It just depends what you want.

There is also the Tsudo N1 which is very loud and is a lot cheaper.

@wesellcarparts has the Tsudo for $350-ish

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=9889

I picked the coupe option for everything so if you have a sedan you'll need to select the right parts.

I have both the downpipe(catted) and exhaust from Full-Race. The car sounds great. Not too loud. I personally always recommend the Full-Race or Ultimate Race exhausts and downpipes because they are tried and true with excellent quality balancing sound and power. If you ever decide to go forced induction, these two companies are the only way to go in my opinion.

I have Full Race catback and at first I thought it was too loud, but after a month of daily driving my car it's really not loud at all. I would recommend getting Full Race exhaust now and later on get Full race DP as well. Same company so everything will fit properly.

Let me know what I can get you. We offer discounts on almost everything for 9thCivic members!
Flashpro?

I'm trying to find the cheapest price. If I can find it and have just enough I'll get it. Otherwise if I try to save half of a check to put with the next I'll end up spending it on random bullshit.

Back